Argentine Sistema 1927 (1911a1)

As I said in another post on the Arisaka Thread, I ain't done yet. I spotted another little item at Randy's Guns today. They have a Argentine Colt Sistema 1927. The 1927 was made in Argentina. But the Argentines purchased the Colt Machinery to make them on. These are true copies of the old 1911a1 war horses that we love so much!!!

Any way, the Sistema at Randy's looks like it's in pretty good shape. There was a little wearing of the bluing, but all in all it looked to be in really good condition. In fact I may go back tomorrow and check it out some more. The price was $299. Not bad for an old war horse 1911a1.

Just for grins, you all go check them out on Gunbroker.com. :poop:

As I said in another post on the Arisaka Thread, I ain't done yet. I spotted another little item at Randy's Guns today. They have a Argentine Colt Sistema 1927. The 1927 was made in Argentina. But the Argentines purchased the Colt Machinery to make them on. These are true copies of the old 1911a1 war horses that we love so much!!!

Any way, the Sistema at Randy's looks like it's in pretty good shape. There was a little wearing of the bluing, but all in all it looked to be in really good condition. In fact I may go back tomorrow and check it out some more. The price was $299. Not bad for an old war horse 1911a1.

Just for grins, you all go check them out on Gunbroker.com. :tough:

Nice price for a true copy!!! Post pics....

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Did the Sistema have a case hardened slide?

What would you look for on something that old beside the safety function tests mentioned on other web sites?

Check it out good first though.:stare:

You need to do a search on the internet for the information about case hardening. I know that all the machinery was purchased from Colt.

Inspection of the normal stuff on the 1911a1 is all that's needed. Remember that this military grade pistol. It's not going to be all shiny and new looking. It has character.

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Yeah, I want something with character marks to go with my M1. I have a RIA but it doesn't look like John Wayne beat a Jap, err... i mean WWII pacific theater enemy with it.

Remember that this military grade pistol. It's not going to be all shiny and new looking. It has character.
Guest AmericanWorkMule

I believe I read on the CMP forum someone had a M1 with what very much appeared to be "scalp" tissue stuffed into the cleaning kit recesses.

creepy..

The blood and hairhave been washed off, I pretty sure! :up:
I believe I read on the CMP forum someone had a M1 with what very much appeared to be "scalp" tissue stuffed into the cleaning kit recesses.

creepy..

might have been on this board. 70below pulled some scalp and hair looking stuff out of his rifle stock. I saw it first hand

• 7 years later...
31 minutes ago, ZoidMeister said:

Fast forward to 2017. You would have a hard time picking up a nice one of these Sistema's for less than $750. 

Man, you just brought up some memories.  The Sistema in the OP was bought by Mike.357.  It then went to Mark@Sea.  Suntzu was the next owner.

I remember it well as I fondled it all the way up to Mark's house back in the day.  It was an excellent specimen with a very unique serial number...and a loose rear sight.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Garufa said:

Man, you just brought up some memories.  The Sistema in the OP was bought by Mike.357.  It then went to Mark@Sea.  Suntzu was the next owner.

I remember it well as I fondled it all the way up to Mark's house back in the day.  It was an excellent specimen with a very unique serial number...and a loose rear sight.

I've been wanting one of those DGFM-FMAP Argentinian Sistemsa's for quite a while now.  My neighbor had one and sold it.  Didn't consult me on it, but he thought I wouldn't have had the cash for it.  He sold it for $500.  I could still kick him for not consulting me first.