Warning about CZ452.COM! Eric Brooks

There is a guy on line named Eric Brooks that runs a website called CZ452.com. All I can say is order from this guy at your own risk. I did not read some of the other forums before I did and I did not use Pay Pal so I have been burned. It has been 3 months and no parts. I have emailed and called repeatedly with no response of any type yet he is still selling to others, many report they do not get their parts either. The ones that get their disputes filed in time usually do, what does that tell you.

I'm out 50 bucks and he is laughing all the way to the bank. I am challenging the charge, filing complaints, contacting local authorities but now it is just becoming my hobby to try to slow this guy down.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigger kits for my CZ's. I have 3 CZ452's and I had heard good things about his kits. I may never know...actually, if you go to his website and look at the pics, I can probably make one myself. It looks pretty simple. I was just taking th eeasy way out and ordering kits.

FWIW:

Domain Name.......... cz452.com

Creation Date........ 2003-04-25

Registration Date.... 2003-04-25

Expiry Date.......... 2011-04-25

Organisation Name.... Eric Brooks

Organisation Address. PO Box 413

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address. Oneonta

Organisation Address. 13820

Organisation Address. NY

Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Eric Brooks

Admin Address........ PO Box 413

Admin Address........

Admin Address........ Oneonta

Admin Address........ 13820

Admin Address........ NY

Admin Address........ UNITED STATES

Admin Email.......... cz452dotcom@yahoo.com

Admin Phone.......... 607-821-1210

Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ Host Master

Tech Address......... 1253 N Research Way

Tech Address......... Suite Q-2500

Tech Address......... Orem

Tech Address......... 84097

Tech Address......... Utah

Tech Address......... UNITED STATES

Tech Email........... hostmaster@uolwebservices.com

Tech Phone........... +1.8014376199

Tech Fax............. +1.8014376020

Name Server.......... ns1.global-servers.com

Name Server.......... ns2.global-servers.com

You can pick up the trigger kit from Whittaker Guns in Owensboro, KY. Ordered mine Sunday, shipped this morning. Also, you can look on eBay for them from YoDave - heard pretty good things about him.

I know that now but at this point I do not think I wish to line EB's pockets any further. YoDave I will give a try. I emailed him earlier. I have the triggers pretty good now, they are adjustable. I may get one of his and do one myself kinda like EB's. YoDave uses some kind if shims where Brooks uses tubes over the trigger retention pins.

Somehow I missed that the kits from Whittaker's were actually EBs...gettin old, I guess. Had I known that, I might have done differently.

BTW - which 452 models do you have? I picked up my first about three weeks ago - "Ultra Lux", with barrel stamped with "Super Exclusive". 28.5" barrel.

Guest m4coyote

After reading all the negative posts about Eric Brooks on other forums, I ordered and installed a YoDave kit from Ebay. My CZ 452 trigger went from terrible to fantastic after the installation of the lightest spring and thickest tube.

The YoDave kits definitely use brass tubes, not shims, to limit sear engagement.

Guest JHatmaker

Good luck with everything. A guy was doing something similar to this on the FN Forum, and had the balls to even admit he was screwing people. Legal action has been taken against this guy.

Myself, along with 15 other people got ripped off on a BMW website for some car parts (I was out $250), some guys up to a couple thousand. We had all gone through PayPal and they said the only way they could give us our money back was if he put money into his PayPal account for them to debit from, which we all knew he'd never use that PayPal account again. (That was his scam, he knew that's how PayPal worked as far as retribution, so he'd get us to send him money, take it out of his account as soon as it became available to him, and by the time all our complaints started coming into PayPal he was long gone)

Fortunatelty my credit card company was able to help get my card credited again, and several of the guys who lived out in California (where he lived) found his address and called the authorities. Not sure what ever happened, this was over 5 years ago, but I hope some of those dudes beat his a$$. I hate online scammers, complete scum!

Somehow I missed that the kits from Whittaker's were actually EBs...gettin old, I guess. Had I known that, I might have done differently.

BTW - which 452 models do you have? I picked up my first about three weeks ago - "Ultra Lux", with barrel stamped with "Super Exclusive". 28.5" barrel.

I have a 452 American, a 452 Silhouette and a 452 Lux in 22mag. I got the 22 mag at a ridiculous price so I had a friend mill off the rear sight, they are banded on the Lux model, I filed it down to match the barrel contour and cut the front sight off and put a 11 degree target crown in it. Sounds bad but came out great. I found some Fiochi ammo that will shoot a ragged hole at 25 and 50 yards. The first 2 in 22 lr will stack Wolf match target into the same hole at 25 with boring regularity.

Miracle of miracle, after 3 months, I called Brooks one more time and he answered the phone. I asked him what does it take to get a trigger kit out of him? He promises to send the kits out right away. I am holding my bated breath. If I get them fine but I had this same conversation 3 months ago. I will keep you posted.

Yeah, I've found mine really likes Wolf match target. Nice little bunches at 50 yds, not bad at 100 (rifle is much better than the shooter at that range). Really held my breath as I mounted a 40mm scope for the first time...with BKL rings, the bell cleared the rear sight mount by about the thickness of a playing card.

Guest Plunky
After reading all the negative posts about Eric Brooks on other forums, I ordered and installed a YoDave kit from Ebay. My CZ 452 trigger went from terrible to fantastic after the installation of the lightest spring and thickest tube.

The YoDave kits definitely use brass tubes, not shims, to limit sear engagement.

YoDave, ftw! Excellent kit at a great price, and he ships them to you quick. Brooks has a bad reputation for being slower than whiz to fulfill orders from individuals, for he caters more to retail places now. Get one from YoDave from ebay or rimfirecentral where he hangs out.

Love the kit on my CZ 452. Best trigger I've ever had on any rimfire rifle, no kidding.

Miracle of miracle, after 3 months, I called Brooks one more time and he answered the phone. I asked him what does it take to get a trigger kit out of him? He promises to send the kits out right away. I am holding my bated breath. If I get them fine but I had this same conversation 3 months ago. I will keep you posted.

Unless you paid with cash or a money order you can always call the bank or credit card company and dispute the charges. Debit card you have 90 days I think and CC you have 6 months.

Unless you paid with cash or a money order you can always call the bank or credit card company and dispute the charges. Debit card you have 90 days I think and CC you have 6 months.

I have my wife digging through statements trying to find the charge, I have the date. If the kits are not in my hands by Friday I am going to dispute it. His MO has been to ship "IF" a transaction gets disputed. At least that is a pattern I have noticed from searching other posts. Let's see how promise #3 works out.

Miracle of miracles, they actually showed up today. I am not going to retract anything I have said as I have filed complaints with at least 3 government agencies, PayPal, as many forums as I had time to get on and the BBB. So I am not sure I got them out of the goodness of his heart or he realized I was not going to stop. Regardless, I have them after nearly 4 months but my warning stands.

"Caveat Emptor!!"

• 1 month later...
FWIW:

Domain Name.......... cz452.com

Creation Date........ 2003-04-25

Registration Date.... 2003-04-25

Expiry Date.......... 2011-04-25

Organisation Name.... Eric Brooks

Organisation Address. PO Box 413

Organisation Address.

Organisation Address. Oneonta

Organisation Address. 13820