MUST Read about McDonalds

Guest FroggyOne2

Guest FroggyOne2

A friend sent to me in an email. Thought that I would post it.

THIS IS A GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND: HE SIGNED THE

STATEMENT AND: INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

READ ON

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the

issues here. But to those of us

whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best

beef possible... This is frustrating.

This will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink.

The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association

American cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their

restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking

to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the

USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we

are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not

make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact

felt.

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper

stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow. South

Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of

their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't

under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations

they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned

here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use

various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public

needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at

risk from now on by eating at good old McDonald's..

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is

what Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is

loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of

McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it

comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at

least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...

and those 300 send it to at l east ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so

on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will

have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting

together we can make a

difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass t his message on..

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.

ACAP Department of Animal Science

Texas A&M University

Phone (979) 845-3560

Fax (979) 862-3399

2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

A modern Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation such as those that supply beef that goes to McDonalds and practically every other restaurant and grocery store in the U.S. does include beef tallow in the feed mixture that it gives its animals. This fat is in a processed form, but it is certainly a bovine product.

This is an email that was fabricated and designed to get people fired up about a boycott. The funny thing is that if the typical consumer had any idea of the assembly line their McDonald's cheeseburger went through to get to the wrapper in their hands, there is no way they would put it in their mouth.

Edited by MacGyver
Cleaned up my grammer after I put my soapbox away
Guest JHatmaker
The funny thing is that if the typical consumer had any idea of the assembly line their McDonald's cheeseburger went through to get to their wrapper, there is no way they would put it in their mouth.

Very true...

The funny thing is that if the typical consumer had any idea of the assembly line their McDonald's cheeseburger went through to get to the wrapper in their hands, there is no way they would put it in their mouth.

As a young high school/college kid I worked at McDonald's when you actually had a grill and grilled the burgers. Fry, flip, and dress em'.....no microwaves please!!! If you had worked there during those times, you fo show would not eat there again!!!!

Guest mosinon

In 1986 I worked the backline at hardees in Destin. There's a fifty fifty chance you could still stop by that place and get one of the burgers I made. Those number plates that supposedly told us when to pitch the food really just alerted us to when we should change the numbers...

Guest JHatmaker
In 1986 I worked the backline at hardees in Destin. There's a fifty fifty chance you could still stop by that place and get one of the burgers I made. Those number plates that supposedly told us when to pitch the food really just alerted us to when we should change the numbers...

;)

Guest clsutton21
It didn't say it was false it said some were testing.

Obviously you didn't read the entire page. It says exactly why some beef is bought out of the country and it also says that the message is a fake because the people that were supposed to be the authors of the email said they didn't write the email and this is even posted on the snopes website that you forgot to read:

It's Not Our Email!

An email message that makes negative remarks about the McDonald's restaurant chain has been in wide circulation for several years now. We want anyone receiving such an email to know that Texas Cattle Feeders Association is not associated with it in any way. The email makes a false claim when it identifies Texas Cattle Feeders Association as the original source of the message. No such message has ever been put out by our organization. Unfortunately, we do not know the identity or motive of the person or persons making this improper use of our name.

Don't be so hasty next time, it may make you into an ass.

• 1 year later...

same way Europeans are talking about American food, because they say our food here is geneticly modified and thats, like, not good...well..to each his own I guess...untill I get my own little farm in the country and start raising my own chickens and cows and eat healthy, I'll have to shop at Walmart and Kroger...I try to stay away from McDonalds but hey, sometimes mans got to do, what mans got to do...

Db

Guest Keinengel

The thread Necromancer has struck again, lol. :popcorn:

In all seriousness, I doubt ANY fast food should be considered fit for human consumption. But we'll keep eating it all no matter how much bovine cannibalism goes on....

Guest mustangdave

The BEEF between McDonald's and the Texas Cattle Baron's has been around since...oh gosh...at least the 1970's. anyone remember the TV commercials..."BEEF...its what's for dinner."