Disassemble and Reassemble a Handgun With One Hand???

waynesan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

"But what if you lost your hand in war?! Can you use a weapon in one hand?!"

Something tells me that if you are forced to field strip your weapon, after losing one of your hands, in the middle of an ongoing battle... that your number is up and you're pretty much ****ed anyway. :lol:

It's like watching a dog walk on its hind legs. Very entertaining but so what?

There are a lot of so-called "skills" out there that really seem more akin to parlor tricks than anything else. But there is always some yoke on a gun forum swearing he has practiced this move "just in case" and decrying anyone who disagrees as a loser and defeatist.

Well, if I only had one gun, and one hand... and for some reason I needed to disassemble it to return it to working order (squib load, gotta pound the stuck bullet out with a pen through the barrel, etc)... it's nice to know that it would be possible.

I would like to see that. My hand isn't large enough to reach low enough on the slide to pull it back and hit the lock while depressing the grip safety.

Eject mag, catch the rear sight or ejection port on my belt (or if kneeling, on my heel), and rack while pushing up on the slide catch. Once slide is locked back, rotate catch, release slide and pull trigger.

You don't have to use just your hand.

I'll see if I can get my digital camera to take a video...

Eject mag, catch the rear sight or ejection port on my belt (or if kneeling, on my heel), and rack while pushing up on the slide catch. Once slide is locked back, rotate catch, release slide and pull trigger.

You don't have to use just your hand.

I'll see if I can get my digital camera to take a video...

I was trying to do it with one hand, I thought about the belt trick but I figured that would be cheating.

I see where your heading Rabbi, missing hand, missing belt, missing shoes, man your just ****ed. :cool:

People propose more and more absurd situations and insist you have train for them because "you never know." Of course said situation maybe happened once. But thats enough, because you never know.

And yeah at a certain point you just say "if it came to that I'd be dead anyway."

Guest dotsun

Ok, so the tactical situation is you're naked, your girlfriend handcuffed one arm to the headboard, her husband came home, and you had a catastrophic failure requiring field stripping of the gun?

Guest CrazyLincoln

Actually he would be screwed if in the US military. Don't they use the beretta? I've never stripped one, but its no 1911.

Personally, I train for when the zombies attack and I only have one hand. Bruce Campbell made a great instructional series where he outlines loading a break action shotgun with one hand while utilizing the stump by way of a chain saw.

Actually he would be screwed if in the US military. Don't they use the beretta? I've never stripped one, but its no 1911.

Personally, I train for when the zombies attack and I only have one hand. Bruce Campbell made a great instructional series where he outlines loading a break action shotgun with one hand while utilizing the stump by way of a chain saw.

Stripping an M9 involves simply pressing a button while turning a lever, easily done with one hand.

Bruce Campbell is the man.

Guest CrazyLincoln
Stripping an M9 involves simply pressing a button while turning a lever, easily done with one hand.

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up for me.