AVOID MMC SIGHT INC

Guest lw2009

Good Morning,

I wanted to let everyone know to stay away from a company in Las Vegas, Nevada. named MMC Sights Inc. They are an on-line retailer who sells sights. This company is fraudulent.

On June 20,2009 I purchased an adjustable rear tritium sight for my Kimber Ultra CDP II. For $15 they offered to professionally install the sight. I sent them my slide via UPS which they received on June 29, 2009. Since then I have not been able to make contact with this company. I have sent over 30 e-mails, but they do not responded. I have called them over 30 times, but they do not answer their telephone. I have left over 30 messages on their answering machine, but they do not return my calls. I even sent them an overnight federal express letter that they signed for...no reponse.

I did some research on this company, which I should have done before sending them my slide. They do not have a valid business license in the state of Nevada. They have an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau and have not bothered to respond to 7 out of the 11 complaints filed against them in the last 36 months. The state attorney general's office in Nevada is no longer accepting complaints from consumers (budget cuts). The Las Vegas Police Department will not take a complaint either (too busy). A lawyer charges $325 an hour, meaning that it will cost much more than the price of the gun to get the slide back. I filed a complaint with the FBI but they admitted that not much will come of it, they have bigger fish to fry. I called Kimber and they told me that they do not sell replacement slides.

It looks like I am stuck...anyone got any good ideas?

Please let everyone know to stay away from this company.

Thanks,

LW

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the WHOIS info for their web site...perhaps it might help

Whois Record

Registrant:

Miniature Machine, Inc.

7770 S. Duneville St

Las vegas, Nevada 89139

United States

Domain Name: MMCSIGHT.COM

Created on: 26-Jun-97

Expires on: 25-Jun-10

Last Updated on: 01-Mar-08

Administrative Contact:

Mc Carrick, Patrick email.pgif?md5=0213f1e7f3ecdf7b0027ddb5b36cf318&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=arial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent

Miniature Machine, Inc.

7770 S. Duneville St

Las vegas, Nevada 89139

United States

7022679457 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Mc Carrick, Patrick email.pgif?md5=0213f1e7f3ecdf7b0027ddb5b36cf318&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=arial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent

Miniature Machine, Inc.

7770 S. Duneville St

Las vegas, Nevada 89139

United States

7022679457 Fax --

Guest Matchguy

I'm sorry you've been burned so badly. I had them install a set of adjustaable sights for me a couple of years ago and they did good work and the service was good. Since then all I've seen is complaints of gross butchery of guns and refusal to respond to communications. So I think all you can do is repeat your warning on every gun forum you can get your hands on. Not a lot of satisfaction for you, I'm afraid, but about all you can do is keep sending them registered letters and hope somebody will take over the company eventually and right all the wrongs. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings and I really hope you get your slide back.

MG

Honestly, I would compile as much information as I could about the transaction, the company and it's owner(s), and I'd be making a trip to Las Vegas. You're likely to see more favorable results with a FTF meeting.

It would be one thing if we were talking $100, but I'd be steaming if I was sitting there with only 1/2 of a $1000+ pistol, and no way to get the other half.

No, I am not advocating violence.

Gentlemen:

Thanks for the advice...

I had not thought of some of these things.

I will try the administrative contact(s).

I'll bet that they would be absolutely speechless if I showed up on their doorstep asking for my slide back! It would be cheaper than the lawyer (only about $350 for a round trip ticket on Southwest Airlines).

I am sick about this...

Thanks again for your help.

LW

Guest Matchguy

Hey LW, I forgot something in my last reply.....I'm a retired CA cop and the city police department isn't the right place to lodge your complaint.......after my last post I recalled that a lot of local District Attorneys offices out west operate a Consumer Fraud Unit. Why not see if you can reach the County DA's office on the phone and see if this is the case with them. Also ask if Vegas might have a City Prosecutor's office and ask the same question there. If so, get their advice and act accordingly.........and they don't call them District Attorney Generals out there like they do in Tennessee, just District Attorneys. (I say this only because if you use the term "District Attorney General", they'll refer you to the state AG's office.)

One last angle would be to ask the DA how you can contact the court system out there and see if MMC is in receivership, foreclosure, or anything like that. That would explain the absence of a business license and could conceivably give you an avenue to lodge a lein in the amount of your slide against them.

As far as going to Vegas, sometimes you can get a dirt cheap round trip airplane ticket to Vegas from Nashville, but then there's car rental, and if MMC refuses to open the door to you you're SOL. You can't just storm in and tear the place apart looking for your slide. So I would be guided by the information the DA's office gives you before doing any travelling.

Hope this helps, neighbor.

Jer

Edited by Matchguy
  • 1 month later...

To All:

Thanks for your help and advise. I wanted to give you an update...

I was able to get in contact with Mr. McCarrick. He responded to my e-mail and told me that MMC Sight is run by Jeff and Julie Wilson. He told me that he forwarded my e-mail to them...I have yet to hear anything back. In fact, I still have had no luck contacting this company.

I called the custom shop at Kimber and Dennis, one of their gunsmiths agreed to fit a new slide to my gun. It cost me $480. I have the gun back and it is as good as new (probably because it is).

It is frustrating to know that this company can get away with stealing my slide and there is nothing I can do about it.

Please tell everyone to avoid MMC Sights. Perhaps if we get the word out they will go out of business.

Thanks again,

LW

Guest Matchguy

I'm sure sorry for all your trouble LW. I've personally never heard of anything like this in a nationally advertised company that has been around for many years, like MMC, but they sure treated you like dirt. Because of your reports I had MMC removed as a recommended vendor on another forum. We had them do some pretty good work installing adjustable sights on the Charles Daly Hi Power and had a sticky recommending them because nobody else made sights for that gun at the time. But we've removed them because of the way they treated you...and it makes me cringe that I sent them my CDHP slide twice. Again, I'm really sorry this happened to you.

MG

Sorry to hear about your situation.

It amazes me the risk people will accept just to save a few bucks.

There are a half dozen Kimber Master Dealers on this board.

There are about the same amount of quality gunsmiths here that could have done this work for WHILE YOU WAITED...

Not to be a dick, but you should have supported your local gunshops and gunsmiths...

• 3 months later...
Guest expdnarc

they used to have a great rep about 10 years ago I purchased several sights from them I have heard that they are now out of business. I am very sorry for your loss here and I wish that I could offer you some guidance. How did you ship the slide if it was USPS you might consider the US Postal Inspectors they are a LE agency that deals with mail fraud.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

It amazes me the risk people will accept just to save a few bucks.

There are a half dozen Kimber Master Dealers on this board.

There are about the same amount of quality gunsmiths here that could have done this work for WHILE YOU WAITED...

Not to be a dick, but you should have supported your local gunshops and gunsmiths...

I really have to agree here. There are a ton of professionals on here that will throw you a good deal for being a member on the forum. I have even seen a few folks offer to do work along these lines, at no charge at all.

This whole thing sucked for you, I know, and is why I don't do anything of this nature on line, or thru the mail. You have just re-upped my "in store purchase only" motto for another 10 years or more.

Good Morning,

I wanted to let everyone know to stay away from a company in Las Vegas, Nevada. named MMC Sights Inc. They are an on-line retailer who sells sights. This company is fraudulent.

On June 20,2009 I purchased an adjustable rear tritium sight for my Kimber Ultra CDP II. For $15 they offered to professionally install the sight. I sent them my slide via UPS which they received on June 29, 2009. Since then I have not been able to make contact with this company. I have sent over 30 e-mails, but they do not responded. I have called them over 30 times, but they do not answer their telephone. I have left over 30 messages on their answering machine, but they do not return my calls. I even sent them an overnight federal express letter that they signed for...no reponse.

I did some research on this company, which I should have done before sending them my slide. They do not have a valid business license in the state of Nevada. They have an "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau and have not bothered to respond to 7 out of the 11 complaints filed against them in the last 36 months. The state attorney general's office in Nevada is no longer accepting complaints from consumers (budget cuts). The Las Vegas Police Department will not take a complaint either (too busy). A lawyer charges $325 an hour, meaning that it will cost much more than the price of the gun to get the slide back. I filed a complaint with the FBI but they admitted that not much will come of it, they have bigger fish to fry. I called Kimber and they told me that they do not sell replacement slides.

It looks like I am stuck...anyone got any good ideas?

Please let everyone know to stay away from this company.

Thanks,

LW

Report the slide stolen. Then file a police report.