Home Security System - simplisafe?

Guest FiddleDog

Guest FiddleDog

My wife and I are going to be closing on our first house in about 10 days. It is not presently wired for a security system. While having 2 dogs that are both @100lbs each(1 lab/newfy and the other is a shepherd/mastiff), long arms, and handguns (and the training and will to use them to protect my family) seems like we should be secure enough. I still want to get an alarm system. I'm considering Simplisafe. Has anyone had any experience with them?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not with simplisafe but +1 with AdvancedTechAlarms. They are the ones endorsed by Dave Ramsey.

As busy was they were when we purchased, they truly had hearts of teachers and wouldn't leave until my wife was comfortable with everything.

they also don't have a contract. It's $10/month. You just have to buy the system (something like $400 and I think we added extra stuff) i did a cost analysis vs some other more well known places (like ADT) and it paid for itself after 10 months.

They are locally owned/operated out of Middle TN also. (Fairview i think)

oh and they work. I 'tested' the alarm by accident a couple of times when we first got it. they were calling me before I could even get to the control panel. one time when i said the wrong password by accident, they had sent the cops within a few minutes (sorry for the false alarm) so i know it works.

Guest Tn.Mitch

I finially went to Sports Accademy store,and picked me up a gun safe,been so busy all summer even to go to the range to shoot,have a dozen handguns,couple of shot guns,and couple grand in Holsters and ammo and stuuf like that,Noe I feel alot saffer whenI go off.The thing is a Sentery safe,weighs 400 pounds empty,has alotts room in it shelves and all,was only $500.00 with out tax,small price to proctect all my goodies...:P,its fire proof and bolted to floor and wall.

Guest kingtone

im a big supporter of NCA. they have a cellular system you can use so you dont have to install a phone line. It ended up being cheaper for us to use the cellular units instead of getting phone lines.

We have 2 properties with alarms monitored by them. Good service and good price.

I save a bundle of money by purchasing the actual alarm system and wiring and installing 95% of it myself and then just got them to hook it up.

I ran the wire, hung the units, drilled the holes etc etc

their technician just wired it into the box. I wouldnt recommend everyone do that though...i made sure to buy the system that they install...and ive had a little experience in tech installs so it wasnt too hard.

anyway.. never regretted going with them in 2 years.