Who likes H&Ks?

Marswolf

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shane

I was just picking at Marswolf, I don't dislike them. I own many different brands of firearms like: Barrett, Beretta, Century, Glock, Kel-Tec, Knight, Ruger, Springfield and Winchester. Those come to mind right away anyway.

I know a guy who used to be an Internet gun dealer. He didn't like the USP because he thought the seam on the hammer molding didn't look good. He sold his company and moved out of state. Always figured there was more to that story.

• Administrator
I know a guy who used to be an Internet gun dealer. He didn't like the USP because he thought the seam on the hammer molding didn't look good.

That's got to be the stupidest reason for not liking a handgun that I have ever heard. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Glockman

Hey Marswolf, i don't know anything about H & K what are some Pros&Cons of them? I ask you mainly because you seem to know a lot about them!

I'll mostly deal with the USP here, but much of this applies to all H&K handguns.

Only con I know is that they are more expensive. Well, they have Germanic customer service, but you aren't likely to need it. :up:

They are highly reliable, very high quality weapons. Compared to similar looking polymer handguns, they have significant additional strengthening material molded into the polymer. If you take a magnet, you will find a lot of metal that you would not expect to be there. The levers, like slide release levers are of a reasonable size and function easily. In the USP, the hammer and SA/DA trigger gives you a lot of safety but can always be in a fireable condition. The ability to de-cock and re-cock is a significant advantage in my experience. The gun has the ability to either have a lever safety or not depending on your preference and these are changeable, in many cases by the user, in seconds.

It can be field stripped without dry firing.

Too many little things to go into here. In all it's just a very professional handgun. I went through quite a few guns before settling on the H&K as two of my four duty weapons.

BTW, in case you are wondering about the torture tests so advertised by one manufacturer, here is an old test you might want to see.

Pay attention to the recoil reduction system information too and note that other manufacturers have copied it since this test was done. But this proactive approach to quality and innovation is common in H&K weapons. Basically, they are well designed and probably even better than you think they are.

Guest Voodoo_1

Tugsten, you should have tried out the USPc for carry. This is from my comparison notes from my search for my new summer carry handgun.

....M&P Compact....................HK USP Compact

.....Cap.......12+1........................Cap.........13+1

.....Leng......6.7".........................Leng........6.81"

.....Wid.......1.2".........................Wid..........1.14"

.....Hig.......4.3"..........................Hig...........5"

.....Wt........1.35lb......................Wt............1.47lb.

As you can see they are close except for the height which is the difference in the grip length, which I needed. Just a thought to keep on the back burner since you do like HK handguns.

Guest Glockman

Thanks MarsWolf. Now i have a little better understanding as to why ! Thanks for your input very helpfull !! How are the triggers compared to Glocks?

The H&K SA triggers are good in all I've tried. The DA on the USP could be better, but it does smooth out after a while. Since that isn't normally the way I'd fire it, it isn't a big deal to me. I always cock the hammer if things might get harry. I do practice DA though. It's quite usable. Their DAO stuff is quite good.

To my way of thinking Glock triggers are OK. They seem repeatable and that's mostly what you need. I don't understand why so many people have problems with NDs with them.

• Administrator

To my way of thinking Glock triggers are OK. They seem repeatable and that's mostly what you need. I don't understand why so many people have problems with NDs with them.

Everyone knows that it's because Glock owners just can't keep their fingers out of things!

Jon_picking_his_nose.jpg

:up:

Guest db99wj
Everyone knows that it's because Glock owners just can't keep their fingers out of things!

Jon_picking_his_nose.jpg

:up:

Crap! You owe me a keyboard, monitor, digi camera and a calculator! :shakesfist:

I own a couple of handguns myself, a few in the family that were my dads, shotguns and rifles. No where close to enough and there will be more.

There are a number of departments around my area that either supply or allow H&Ks as duty handguns.

The drive for hammerless duty weapons seems to have started as a PR move rather than a duty weapon improvement move.

Heh...

I guess in this day and age, if you can't see it, then it can't harm anything. Seeing an exposed, cocked hammer would probably make the average soccer mom's head spin... even in the possession of a LEO.

It's so DANGEROUS!!!! :devil:

Yeesh...

I have always preferred hammered guns rather than striker fired guns. I've never owned a H&K, but I did do some research on them as of late. My latest firearm purchase was actually between a Sig 226 and a modded H&K USP .40 with a factory magwell, fiber optic front sight, and logo grips.

If someone asks me if my cocked and locked 1911 is dangerous, I'd tell them that I wouldn't carry it if it wasn't dangerous.