Thoughts on a Sig 1911 carry or compact model...

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Guest Grizzly Johnson

It's me again guys. Any of you own one of the Sig Revolution 1911 carry or compact models? How would you compare it to the Sig P226 as mentioned in my other thread. I assume more weight, recoil, etc. because of the 45 vs the 9mm? Flame me if you want, yes I am a somewhat noob to handgun shooting!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DonRickles

I had a Sig GSR and it was okay but I ended up selling it and buying a Springfield 1911. There was nothing really wrong with the Sig it just never really did it fo me. The fit and finish was standard Sig quality and it was plenty accurate but I would prefer a SIG P220 SAO any day.

I had a Sig GSR and it was okay but I ended up selling it and buying a Springfield 1911. There was nothing really wrong with the Sig it just never really did it fo me. The fit and finish was standard Sig quality and it was plenty accurate but I would prefer a SIG P220 SAO any day.

Which SA did you buy?

• Administrator

The new SIG Revolution C3 has been calling to me lately. It's half the cost of the Nighthawk T3 which is also a Commander slide on an Officer frame. I would never replace my Kimber Pro CDP II with the SIG C3 but I would definitely let them sleep together in the safe. :koolaid:

For me, the hardest part about concealing a Commander or Government size 1911 is the height of the grip. The butt of the grip is what prints against my clothing, thus I carry it IWB style around the appendix area. If I carry it at 3 o'clock it prints against polo and t-shirts with ease. The SIG C3 and the Nighthawk T3 remedy that problem by using the shorter Officer grip.

All of that said... my biggest beef with the SIG 1911s is that they use an external extractor. Granted, all of the other SIG automatics use an external extractor also, but for some reason this reportedly causes problems on the 1911 platform that it doesn't cause on the P2xx series platform.

So there you go. That's my opinion on the matter. :(

Now, have you looked at the P220 Carry SAO yet? I have one and love it. It's a hair wider in the frame than a 1911, but it's otherwise dimensionally identical to a Commander length 1911. I think it's a more reliable gun out of the box than 99% of the 1911s out there and it's easily more accurate than I am capable of being.

TRP Operator and yes I LOVE it!:koolaid:

So, you basically got a gun that cost TWICE as much?

Hard to compare two guns that have such a huge disparity in price.

Anywho...congrats on the Operator. I have a full length rail version in my collection and love it.

Don't worry Reaper, you'll never get flamed for wanting a 1911. If you were asking a question about Glocks, however . . .

Does anyone know about the availability of holsters for the Revolution? Do they fit in the standard 1911 holster with the squared off slider?

Don't worry Reaper, you'll never get flamed for wanting a 1911. If you were asking a question about Glocks, however . . .

Does anyone know about the availability of holsters for the Revolution? Do they fit in the standard 1911 holster with the squared off slider?

Ok, did a bit of test fitting for you:

GRS Will Work:

All Galco 1911 holsters

All Gould and Goodrich 1911 holsters

GRS Will NOT Work:

Blackhawk Serpa CQC Serpa for 1911

Don Hume 1911 holsters

Those are the ones I had time to test fit as Im headed out the door to go shoot with Grundy Co. Sheriffs Dept.

**These are all stock holsters...obviously you can get a custom maker to get you a holster to fit anything, but those normally require a bit of lead time and patience.