So you're at the bank and a gunman bursts in...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that bank robbers are not there to shoot people, so I am not going to be in imminent fear for my life. Especially if it is not pointed at me.

Now if the robber starts waving that piece around I might have to protect my self.

I do, anyone pulls a lethal weapon, they are going to get shot at the first opportunity. You threaten someone's life, you suffer the consequences. If a mugger pulls a knife on me, his intention is to kill me, and I will act accordingly.

A lot of people can say what they think they would do, but until they are in that situation they will never know. I would hope that i would be capable of staying calm enough to do the right thing.

It seems like 99% of the stories I read about bank robberies, the robber doesn't even show a gun. Even in this case of the Alcoa robbery, it looks like the lady was discrete about showing the gun. I think if I had been at the next window I probably wouldn't have noticed it (although, who really knows!) Hollywood has spread this myth that robbers come in firing a round into the ceiling to get people's attention, but that just doesn't seem to ever happen. Even just coming in an announcing that it's a robbery doesn't happen. It's always a note saying that they've got a gun/bomb and want money.

Matthew

If someone or a group of someone's came into my bank yelling and waving a gun around, I'd drop to the floor and start looking for the nearest escape route or the nearest "cover" in case of a firefight. I say that because you never know when another stranger in your position will just stand up and start shooting at the robbers. That could give you time to reposition or possibly escape.

Pulling my gun and engaging the robbers would be a last split second decision and would definatly require the death or possible death of someone at that time. :D

Guest TurboniumOxide

...and then, when he is leaving, I rob him. Then I jump into the back of a late model sedan which slides sideways into place in a thundercloud of burnt rubber and gravel. The supercharged beast is piloted by my topless supermodel girlfriend in order to distract attention. We launch down the road.

The witnesses will later say that the getaway car was driven by a giant set of boobies.

Edited by TurboniumOxide
Guest drcoffee

This takes a little work but wait for the BG to to take the fool with the Obama pin hostage and then really piss him off. Once he kills the sniveling lib, then I'd take him down. two birds with one stone.

:D

This takes a little work but wait for the BG to to take the fool with the Obama pin hostage and then really piss him off. Once he kills the sniveling lib, then I'd take him down. two birds with one stone.

:D

I like the way you think. :shhh:

Guest truthsayer

Yell "contact!", execute a barrel roll, and place a controlled pair in his paper target-like torso. If this succeeds, I write "oh snap" on his forehead with a sharpie, police my brass, and help the next squad with pasters.