So was at coal creek

Guest superblackrifle

Guest superblackrifle

Well I was at coal creek earlier and there was a couple in there 50's and it was so interesting hearing them trying to figure out how to shoot their CZ. Afraid I would get shot I asked them if I could be of assistance and showed them the features and functions of their firearm. After a short lesson the wife was puttin 6 inch group at 20 ft. I had my range bag with all my goodies and found a G27 that I showed them and of course with good manners let them shoot. She fell in love with it. I let her try out a box a 50 with it. The CZ they had was a 22LR and that was there home defense. She carries a bersa 380. Well I should become a Glock salesman.:tinfoil:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes welcome to TGO. Thanks for being an ambassador of gun owners and helping someone out. I think that we need more of this and it would allow more people to be comfortable entering into the realm of gun ownership...and more people equals more support for us at a grassroots level. On a side note, too bad you only had Glock flavored :rolleyes: . ;)

Guest superblackrifle

I was there from open til about noon. My match got cancelled so I figured I was determined to shoot today and made the journey over to coal creek. I had about 500 hundred rounds and I didn't even get to shoot it all . I grabbed up as much of MY brass as I could for reloading again But the Range Trolls were lurking nearby.I would've let her shot my CZ RAMI 9mm but all I had were hot loads and with the short barrel may be to snappy for a non accustomed shooter. So I let her have at with my mild loads. OK since I'm calculating about $4.00 for hundred. I don't ever want to see anybody at the range that is afraid or that does not know how to operate their firearm. So I am always more than glad to be of assistance especially since I can assist in maintaining safety and keep the hobby fun.

Guest canebreaker

My son has a glock 9m, what flavor, I don't know. He picked up a ruger 9m from a friend, but didn't like it so he sold it to get his money back.

My reloads cost me from 3.00 to 4.00 per hundred, depending on the charge. Not counting time spent. If I see a lady at the range that is having problems with the loads she is shooting, I'll let her shoot a few for free. Usually the hubby comes along offering to buy a box for practice.

• 3 months later...
Guest Tenngunner

Yeah-

Coal Creek is a cool :P place-I think about the best in Central (lower) Tennessee. It's also one of the few places I've seen that consistently has 6.8 caliber rifles, as well as full-autos, and a gun rental/indoor range. Highly recommend anyone stop by, if you're in the I-40/I-75 vicinity, of Knoxville. :P

I too thank you for being a 'gun ambassador', super. :P