What are your five must have guns

Guest mosinon

Guest frankcostanza

870 (have it)

1911 (have it)

AK (have it)

.308 or 30-06 bolt (dont have it)

.22 rifle (have it) - although i have a 10/22 which i really like, and which seems to be a popular choice with the rest of you, I think i would prefer a lever action 22 like a Marlin 39A simply becasue I dont like the 10/22 mags. for some reason i always have bad luck with them not wanting to feed.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five just won't do. ;)

Easily concealable carry gun (J-frame S&W)

1911 (SW1911)

Full size Tupperware (M&P .40)

Compact Tupperware (M&P 40C)

Full size revolver (S&W 686)

Snub Revolver (S&W 2 1/2” 66)

.22 handgun (S&W 617)

.22 rifle (Remington 552)

Long range rifle (Remington 700 VLS .308)

AR (none right now)

SHTF rifle (.308 Panther & M1 Garand)

Five just won't do. ;)

Easily concealable carry gun (J-frame S&W)

1911 (SW1911)

Full size Tupperware (M&P .40)

Compact Tupperware (M&P 40C)

Full size revolver (S&W 686)

Snub Revolver (S&W 2 1/2†66)

.22 handgun (S&W 617)

.22 rifle (Remington 552)

Long range rifle (Remington 700 VLS .308)

AR (none right now)

SHTF rifle (.308 Panther & M1 Garand)

I love this!!! Sounds like me!!

Keep up the good work!!

Kind regards,

LEROY

Guest FroggyOne2

I could go with the 12 gauge and the Ruger MKII.. but after hearing my friend Ed Huskins, lead sniper training instructor at Ft. Bragg.. any mention of the CheyTac makes me yawn!

I could go with the 12 gauge and the Ruger MKII.. but after hearing my friend Ed Huskins, lead sniper training instructor at Ft. Bragg.. any mention of the CheyTac makes me yawn!

Ive heard nothing but good about the CheyTac other than the price tag on their weapons and I pick the M200 intervention more based on the ballastics of the round it shoots rather than the firearm itself. The 408 has double the energy of a 338 Lapua and unlike the 50 BMG the with the 408 you dont have to sacrifice accuracy to obtain extreme energy.

You have heard.. but have you seen it in action.. ????

No I have only seen videos of it in action however I dont need to see the gun in action to read the ballistic tables and see that the round is far superior to pretty much any other long range rifle caliber available.

408 CheyTac supersonic range=2300 yards 419 gr bullet

338 Lapua Supersonic range = 1640 yards 250 gr bullet

408 CheyTac G1 BC(Ballistic Coefficient)= AVERAGE of 0.945 to 2000 meters and stays in the low 0.900s up to 2800 meters 419 gr bullet.

338 Lapua G1 BC=0.785 300 gr bullet The best custom round ever made for the 338 had a G1 BC of 0.93.

408 CheyTac Muzzle Velocity- 305 gr=3500 fps -Muzzle Energy=8,298ftlbs

408 CheyTac Muzzle Velocity- 419 gr=3000 fps -Muzzle Energy=8,376ftlbs

338 Lapua Muzzle Velocity- 250 gr=2970 fps -Muzzle Energy=4,893ftlbs

338 Lapua Muzzle Velocity- 300 gr=2717 fps -Muzzle Energy=4,919ftlbs

1) Basic 1911 - Colt WWI repro, say

2) 12 ga. - tough call between the '97 winchester or the 870

3) M1 Rifle - 'cause if I can see it, I can generally make it pretty nervous - or really really calm.

4) M1 Carbine - great lightweight longarm, suitable for home defense, varmint duty, marksmanship training, introducing youngsters or ladies to centerfire rifle, and it worked for Audey.

5) Colt woodsman - will stand in for the .22 rifle, good for pistol practice, etc.

If I owned 5 guns, those would be it :cool:

Remington 870

Ar 15

AK 47

TC Encore w/ 375 H&H, 300wm, 30-06, 308, 243, 22-250, 22

Nobody said anything about having extra barrels :up: Cutting down to 5 guns is next to impossible. You have to have..."The Right Tool For The Right Job"

I am curious. A couple people have listed both the AK-47 and AR15 on their lists.

Aren't these basically the same type of weapon that would serve the same purpose?

No right or wrong on an opinion list such as this. But it piques my interest.

I am curious. A couple people have listed both the AK-47 and AR15 on their lists.

Aren't these basically the same type of weapon that would serve the same purpose?

No right or wrong on an opinion list such as this. But it piques my interest.

I know what you're saying they are one in the same for the most part. I only based that thinking in a reverse order. I started on a list as if they were being taken away from me. I may not be able to own those two so don't want to give them up either. Also based on availability of ammo in tough times. In a SHTF situation I'm dropping everything but those two rifles and the 1911. A search for ammo would likely turn up one of the two rifle calibers. Most have one of the two along with an ammo supply that they can't possibly carry with them. Just my crazy way of thinking.