Getting to know each other: What do you look like?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

Heck Marswolf we could have passed each other on the trail. Some friends and I used to hike that 75 mi. stretch of the AT between Davenport Gap and the Shuckstacks twice a year back in those days. Once in the summer (usualy July) and once between Christmas and New Years. Roger that "Molly's Hump". I figured that who ever named that a little ol' "ridge" was a better man than I. I always called that a steep mother****er!

BTW, one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen in my life is from Greggory's Bald, looking West out over a snow-covered Cades Cove on a cold, crisp, clear moonlit night with a blue/black night sky full of brilliant stars. We always took a flask of single malt scotch to share at midnight on 1 Jan. out on the bald. It was absolutely magical. Time stopped for a while.

Oh yeah, -

FatherandSon_a_pic.jpg

Guest Boomhower
Me from this past weekend in the Smokys.

I was in the Smoky's this past weekend, ended at deals gap on Sat, this pic was taken after I rode Deals Gap 318 curves in 11 miles.

Isn't that a great place? We've had our car up there twice now, and it was a blast. Boy did she love the twisties (the car that is).....but the factory brakes didn't. Trip #2 was the test for the new brakes I put on.;)

I liked watching the sun come up from Mt. LeConte on my first backpacking trip. Probably have a photo of it. I borrowed my fathers old Kodak Flash Bantam that shot 828 film. Sort of like super-slide size. Some of those slides got damaged some time ago. I'll have to dig them out if they survived and digitize them.

Isn't that a great place? We've had our car up there twice now, and it was a blast. Boy did she love the twisties (the car that is).....but the factory brakes didn't. Trip #2 was the test for the new brakes I put on.:D

It is a great place I had a lot of fun there. The wife and I went to the Smoky Mountains ( not the Dragon) on our honeymoon in 2004 and I had a 94 Mustang GT at the time, and I found out the hard way she hates curves, because I was driving though the mountains just keeping up with traffic, like SUV's & minivans, and she told me I was driving too fast and to slow down, and she really hate curves on the motorcycle and I do not go fast with her. So when we go riding we stick to main roads with no curves. :)

This weekend was a trip just for the guys and I like curves. :)

Guest Boomhower
It is a great place I had a lot of fun there. The wife and I went to the Smoky Mountains ( not the Dragon) on our honeymoon in 2004 and I had a 94 Mustang GT at the time, and I found out the hard way she hates curves, because I was driving though the mountains just keeping up with traffic, like SUV's & minivans, and she told me I was driving too fast and to slow down, and she really hate curves on the motorcycle and I do not go fast with her. So when we go riding we stick to main roads with no curves. :)

This weekend was a trip just for the guys and I like curves. :D

That's funny. My wife was the same way. She was always telling me to slow down. As I said before, we went twice, but we went with friends from a car club (meet on the net, just like we do here). At first she didn't want to go cause she had heard of this road many times. I told her that if she wanted to, it was up to her, but I didn't want to hear a peep while I was driving. It takes concentartion on that road, and her hollering would not help things. Much to my surprise she agreed. The first time she was half scared to death and freaked out. The second, she was ok with all of it and actually was able to get a few video's while I was driving.

I have to switch to windows media player just above the video in order to hear the sound.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/15432d74-cd0d-40fc-b066-98cc0163e5de.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/933c7d3b-ad8a-4216-8578-98cc016925c7.htm

Good videos. My wife had a bad car wreck several years ago ( not her fault someone pulled out in front of her ), and she gets scared easily in cars and motorcycles that are going faster than she thinks they should go unless she is driving, cause liked driving my mustang.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Boomhower

Nice bike. That's one thing that my wife won't let me have, and I don't trust myself enough to go and buy a rocket either. I've rode other ppl's, and had to quickly give it back :lol:. I do however have a cruiser, and love to ride, although she's been sitting in the garage for almost 2 yrs. now with no action.:)

Nice bike. That's one thing that my wife won't let me have, and I don't trust myself enough to go and buy a rocket either. I've rode other ppl's, and had to quickly give it back :). I do however have a cruiser, and love to ride, although she's been sitting in the garage for almost 2 yrs. now with no action.:eek:

Thanks, that is funny, your wife won't let you have a sportbike and my wife won't let me have a cruiser. I do not ride hard at all and most of the time I just cruise the back roads, and all my friends have cruisers so I thought about selling mine and getting one, because it would be more comfortable for my wife on long rides, but my wife said she likes my bike and will not ride on a cruiser. I sat on a few big cruisers and I am too short legged for one and I have not found a cruiser I would like to have more than my bike except for a Suzuki M109R. Plus I like the power mine has and I love the way it looks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Valkyrie

Figure I'll jump on the bandwagon too. Took this with my camera phone the other night out of sheer boredom, and cuz my Santa has >*

santa-hat-shana02.jpg

Here is a pic of mine and Verbal's kiddos. Took this today (12/8/07) when we went to see Santa. lol

07-kids-santa11.jpg