New Glock owner - range report

dm239

OK, so the 'Glock KB' thing is echoed by Sig/HK/S&W/everythingelse owners on every discussion forum on the Internet. Is there really data to substantiate this trend, or does this occur no more often with a Glock than any other manufacturer? If so, I guess I'll avoid reloads.

I have to add, though, that shooting it is lots of fun.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so the 'Glock KB' thing is echoed by Sig/HK/S&W/everythingelse owners on every discussion forum on the Internet. Is there really data to substantiate this trend, or does this occur no more often with a Glock than any other manufacturer? If so, I guess I'll avoid reloads.

Uh, oh. Now you've gone and done it.:D

Uh...yes KaBooms do happen more often with a Glock although I don't know of any statistics I would trust. It's a matter of gun design. But if you stick with decent factory loads, you will be OK. It's overloads that blow them up and with enough overloading you can blow up any gun. I would stay away from American Brand factory ammunition. It is bad enough to prevent my USP from going into battery and firing. Some Glocks will apparently fire that way. Any "name brand" ammo should be fine.

OK, so the 'Glock KB' thing is echoed by Sig/HK/S&W/everythingelse owners on every discussion forum on the Internet. Is there really data to substantiate this trend

No. If you shoot relatively name brand ammo, you will be fine. Just about every brand of handgun specifically says not to use reloaded ammo. There is generally less room for error in .40 reloading (not that there should be any errors) , but the Glock Kb legend is a bit overhyped. Yes, I shoot a Glock :eek:

Now, for the record, I've never railed against Glocks because of the KB factor. You can blow up a Super Redhawk if you try hard enough.

Of course, you still have contend with the Glock grip (way too large for no apparent reason and at a strange angle), and the Glock trigger (reminds me a LOT of the little blue plastic pistols we had as kids that shot the little plastic discs, and pennies when Mom wasn't around). And for the life of me I can't figure out why you would build a pistol that a truck could run over and then slap a front sight on it that a stiff wind would blow off. :eek:

DanO...

(Who couldn't really care less what people shoot, but the "Glock Perfection" crowd is just so much fun to pick on!)

This is well tread territory it seems

Yeah, it's been done to death. But some folks just won't listen. :eek:

But you are right dcloud, Glockodists are just so much fun to pick at that I can't resist either. I had forgotten about the cheesy front sight. I replaced the sights on my G23 with tritium ones and was amazed at the way the front sight was installed at the factory. At least the replacement had a screw. Just more perfection.... :bowrofl:

And for the life of me I can't figure out why you would build a pistol that a truck could run over and then slap a front sight on it that a stiff wind would blow off.

+1

(Who couldn't really care less what people shoot, but the "Glock Perfection" crowd is just so much fun to pick on!)

Definitely no claims of perfection here, but the Glock suits my needs better than anything else currently made.