The biggest, baddest, rootinest, tootinest movie star there ever was!

Guest jackdm3

Guest jackdm3

My father-in-law is 73 and I asked him who the best movie star there ever was. I don't even have to tell you who he favored.

Me: Who was the best of all time?

Bob: **** *****

Me: What about Lee Marvin?

Bob: Who?

Me: Lee Marvin?

Bob: No, I heard you the first time.

Me: Sure, he had a swagger and did tough guy 171 times, but he was kind of the same in most of them.

Bob: And your point is ...?

Me: I just think Marvin was tough but more versatile. Have you seen

"The Big Red One"?

Bob: No.

Me: Why not?

Bob: They stopped making good movies when **** ***** died.

Me: but ...

Bob: but?

Me: but ...

Bob: (Sigh)

Why couldn't I have Lee Marvin for a father-in-law? (Aside from the obvious)

Anyway, who's the toughest moviestar you've seen?

BONUS DEATH CLIP

Here's his most famous scene. It's short, but you'll have to turn down the opera music that I don't remember being in the film.

YouTube - Lee MARVIN 's Death

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Bronson

Haha, Bronson came to mind for me too. Specifically this scene from Death Wish:

Bronson: Do you believe in Jesus?

Scumbag (with cross around his neck): Ya ya yeees.

Bronson: Tell him I said hi. BANG!

Well if we are voting for a real life american badazz turned movie star I don't think anyone could trump MR. AUDIE MURPHY.

I mean for just the movie star side of it my pick would have to be Mr. Eastwood but for someone that lived it, then played himself living it, Mr. Murphy smokes anyone else I can think of.

His awards are overwhelming !

Guest mustangdave

What? No Steve McQueen? or BRANDO...But I gotta agree with your father in law...Lee Marvin... and who said Bruce Willis? Totally different kind of bad-ness

Lots of good ones. Eli Wallach, Paul Newman, James Arness, George C. Scott, James Earl Jones, Brando, Heston, but there was only one that rates as the baddest of the bad: Louis Burton Lindley, Jr., a/k/a Slim Pickens

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.
Well boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing. But we got one little budge on those Russkies. At this height why they might harpoon us, but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!
Well if we are voting for a real life american badazz turned movie star I don't think anyone could trump MR. AUDIE MURPHY.

His awards are overwhelming !

Exactly, of course, Brando, Marvin, Stewart, and a host of WWII era actors went to war, went in combat, and came back.

Today's "stars" are wimps.

Guest jackdm3

I suppose Bob is set in his ways. Yesterday he told me if you're gonna eat a Moon Pie, you have to, HAVE TO drink an RC Cola with it. Nothing else will do. And as we've already learned, he's adamant about **** *****.

I suppose Bob is set in his ways. Yesterday he told me if you're gonna eat a Moon Pie, you have to, HAVE TO drink an RC Cola with it. Nothing else will do. And as we've already learned, he's adamant about **** *****.

Moon Pie & Royal Crown Cola ? Ardent fan of **** ***** ?

This sounds like a man whose hand I'd like to shake.

Guest jackdm3

You would. Everyone loves this man. He's so optimistic, we had to take him in to the ER when he developed TIAs (mini-strokes) and the left side of his mouth was drooping, but the right side was smiling while they took his x-ray. I'm 38, and I hate that we'll lose him soon (relatively). I've only known him for 11 years. We spent almost every Saturday and some Sundays this summer pulling off his two layers of shingles and replacing it with sheet metal. With 3000+ feet of area and him being 73, he didn't complain too much. If he was an actor, I would have to award him: The biggest, baddest, rootinest, tootinest movie star there ever was!