Lady Rossi

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canebreaker

Lady Rossi, same as the Lady Taurus and Lady S&W.

We looked at it, liked it, but I found a Taurus 605 cheap.

S&W went to Brazil for cheap labor. After the employees learn their jobs the gov. kicked them out. But had to leave all production equipment.

Thus born Taurus and Rossi. A few other names too. All coming off the same production lines.

I agree with Canebreaker. I'd say Rossi, Taurus, or S&W would be just about the same. I'd get the one you like the looks and especially feel of best.

I have a Taurus 85 and an S&W 442.....both are lightweight .38 snubbies. The Taurus has an exposed hammer and the S&W has the shrouded hammer.

If your planning to just carry it for self defense and not do a lot of target shooting, I'd get one with the shrouded hammer. It won't snag on your clothing and you can actually shoot it through your clothing if you have to.....like through your pocket or coat. A revolver with an exposed hammer can snag or hang up in these situations.

Now if you want to do a lot of target shooting, I'd get one with an exposed hammer. That way, you can cock it for better accuracy and a nicer trigger pull.

I got my mom some low recoil Federal Nyclad .38's for her snubby (shrouded hammer). They are nice if the recoil bothers you. My mom has arthritis in her hands and she is fairly weak, but I wanted her to have a decent caliber for self defense......so the low recoil loads work perfectly. Several different companies make low recoil loads in .38 special.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your purchase! :cool:

BTW, there's a great deal on an S&W 442 in the classifieds right now. ;)

Edited by PackinMama
spelling
Lady Rossi, same as the Lady Taurus and Lady S&W.

We looked at it, liked it, but I found a Taurus 605 cheap.

S&W went to Brazil for cheap labor. After the employees learn their jobs the gov. kicked them out. But had to leave all production equipment.

Thus born Taurus and Rossi. A few other names too. All coming off the same production lines.

For what it’s worth….Smith & Wesson never went to Brazil for cheap labor. During the 70’s (70-77) Taurus was owned by Bangor Punta, parent company of S&W (65-84). The machinery you speak of came from Beretta when Taurus bought the San Paulo Berretta facility after Berretta finished a contract for the Brazilian military. The sale included tooling, technical drawings and the work force to make pistols; not revolvers.

You should buy what you want and like. But if you are looking for quality you should compare the revolvers side by side at the same time if possible.

• 4 weeks later...

DaveTN is correct about S&W, Beretta, and Taurus. Additionally, when firearm facilities are purchased, it is principally the manufacturing equiptment that is retained. Just because another successor buys it, that does not mean the guns they manufacture will be equal to their predicessor.

Guest strelcevina

i have M88 ss rossi.

it is 10 years old , and has many thousands, and i'm talking 7k or more.

never had a single issue, "knock on the wood".

it is my primary carry gun. still looks and feels brand new.

img1231714423175.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I FINALLY tlaked my wife into going to shoot with me, we went out and bought her her own gun. It was a little Taurus airweight 38, bout the same as a fmith J frame. I had some issues with buying Taurus and they were not unfounded. .38 rounds that were loaded and sized to fit my Jframe would not function in her Taurusbecause oif length, cylinder weas very hard to turn. worked well weith factory loads,. once she learned the basics I got her a smith 22A. yes, a .22, to work on her marksmanshipThen a compact CZ RAMI, then 2 lady smiths, a M60LS and a M65LS. Just recently bought her a sig P238 that she and my daughters thoiught was "cute"

The thing is, my wife does a lot of running around, picking up my daighters, taking my blind butt places, yada, yada, yada And I didnt want to skimp on her protection. heck, if it took a $10,000 Barret 50 BMG in the truck to make her feel safe, I would be out there figuring how to hide it onder the back seat. LOL

Advice I would give... Buy whatever you wind up with in something chambered in .357 magnum. They are built stronger to handle the higher pressures of the magnum round, but will also shoot the 38special cartridge for less recoil while practicing. and dont skimp, if it fails the time you really need it, it wasnt worth the money saved.