Sig p250

nolo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one. Get the short reset trigger from Sig and have it installed by your local Sig Armorer/Gunsmith. The long reset travel on the standard trigger can be annoying for most people. I don't mind it, but I like the feel on the short better. Otherwise, I've got no complaints. Accuracy and reliability are the same as any other Sig as far as I've seen. It is a true DAO, which is not for everyone. I think Coal Creek or Gunny's had a rental P250 in 9mm, it'd be worth spending the $20 or so to take it for a test drive if you're on the fence.

Guest JHatmaker

I to have heard the trigger is truely horrible, so replacing it with a short reset trigger would probably help.

It has a lot of potential, and is a great idea, but from the many reviews I've seen and read, the DAO trigger almost ruins it. I have nothing against DAO triggers either, as long as they're good...

Edited by JHatmaker

Look at the SP2022. It has the DA/SA and has a better trigger. Do a search on the sigforums and you will see that almost everyone loves their Sig Pro 2022 if that is the type of gun you are looking for. The P250 is the replacement for the SP2022, but not many people are happy about it. Best price is at Buds Gun Shop. Just ordered one myself as a matter of fact.

hard to beat $439 for a 2022 right now. CDNN and Buds are the 2 places I've seen with that price. I've never handled a p250 so I can't judge it, I don't think it's all bad from what I've heard, as long as you don't mind DAO. The 2022, however, is an incredible gun for $439!

Here is about a 100 page thread on the p250 located on sigforum.com.

P250 - The Official Word - Topic Powered by Eve Community

Guest malbolja

I don't think there IS a short reset trigger for the 250. It's DAO. The SRT only shortens the reset in SA.

I really like the trigger on my 250 - but it did take some getting used to. It's VERY light and smooth - so much so that I was throwing shots off to the left at first expecting a more typical DA pull.

OTOH, 250s are known for having light primer strikes. Mine HATES Wolf ammo, but I've only had a couple of failures to fire with better ammo, and both fired on the second strike. Never had a malf of any kind with defense ammo. But some folk's experience with their 250s have not been so positive. As much as I like mine, I really can't recommend the 250 based on this issue.

Also, the modularity of this pistol hasn't come to fruition. The conversion kits and various grip modules are just now becoming available, and still no DA/SA as far as I'm aware. No word on why Sig is dragging their feet. Since this was the primary selling point of the pistol, it has pissed a lot of people off.

Edited by malbolja