The Spikey - Non firearm defense tool

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it doesn't seem very spiky, does it? I mean it just looks to irritate an attacker. The protrusions don't seem to go deep enough despite the badass chickie's grimacing.

While they are not pinpoint sharp, the ends do put pressure in sensitive areas of the body. It's not meant to penetrate the skin. The nice thing it really fits well in the hand and won't come out easily.

A carry knife is not even allowed on some campuses.

While it's not deadly, it's better than nothing in cases that your wife or daughter can't carry something more lethal.

Edited by Trekbike

Oh, I don't know.....looks like it could definitely poke someone's eye out! I wouldn't want to be hit in the face with it. Now if they could just incorporate a stun gun into that design....so that when you hit it would also ZAP....that would make it AWESOME! :tinfoil:

I think the design is meant to cause as much pain as possible without a lot of force behind the hit. Most women don't have near as much physical strength as a man. Brass knuckles are nice if you have some good solid force behind them......but I really think this design would be better for women than brass knuckles.

Of course we all know that a gun would be best, but anyplace where carrying a gun is not allowed, having this in your hand would be better than nothing. Personally, I'd rather have some good pepper spray and a collapsible baton if I can't have my gun. :P

Thanks for posting Trekbike!

Guest Superfly

I would not want anyone getting that close to me y'know? Someone previously mentioned that for this item to be effective it would have to be carried in the hand (good luck quickly getting it out of a purse or a pocket)....I just don't think most women would carry it and use it in the appropriate manner (technique be damned!...lol...what I mean is immediately and with conviction!!).

I still think OC is best and a TASER if funding is not an issue (not a stun gun-stun guns only work via pain compliance and if the turkey is "feeling no pain" well,.....you get the picture) are better bets if only to keep some distance between you and an attacker.

simply my-:)

I've not seen that gadget before, thanks for sharing. I've been carrying a kubaton keychain that was given to me after attending a self-defense course and pepper spray since the mid-90's. It's not that I expect those items to completely save me, but at least I feel like I have a fighting chance to slow down an attacker so I can get away. The kubaton is like the spikey in that it can add a pack to a punch, in my opinion.