Daewoo K1 & K2

Mr. Brooks

Here are a few photo's I took of the rifles used by South Korea.

First the K2, this is the most common weapon I see being used.

DSCF0001-1-1.jpg

And second, the K1 carbine. I don't see the K1 as often and until I read up on it I thought it was just a SBR'd K2. But actually the K1 uses the M-16 style direct impingement gas system, while the K2 uses the AK-47 style gas piston system.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

You can read up on these weapons here...

Daewoo K2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Daewoo K1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh and as you can see, they love their bayonets over here. :wave:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics. The few immigrants I know are extremely kind, honest and hard working. Thanks for defending their relatives ;) Forget the bayonets. If you don't leave the soldier holding the K1A alone, he is going to give you a pen whipping!

If you don't leave the soldier holding the K1A alone, he is going to give you a pen whipping!

Haha that poor kid. He was a gate guard at a secure facility I was visiting. I was trying to explain to him that I wanted a photo of him with the weapon. He had it slung on his back so I pointed at it and made a motion of bringing it in front of him. So he took off his loaded weapon and tried to HAND IT TO ME! :)

Haha that poor kid. He was a gate guard at a secure facility I was visiting. I was trying to explain to him that I wanted a photo of him with the weapon. He had it slung on his back so I pointed at it and made a motion of bringing it in front of him. So he took off his loaded weapon and tried to HAND IT TO ME! :)
I'd say I have about a snowballs chance in hell of securing one of those. :)

Doesn't seem to hard to me! ;)

Guest coldblackwind
interesting. i've never heard of these, much less seen one. i just recently found out daewoo made stuff other than cheap radios....cars, and now guns! wow,

Daewoo makes EVERYTHING. It pays to remember however that when a company makes such a broad spectrum of products, most of it is junk. K1, and K2 I've heard good things about though, I didn't realize they ever go imported, may have to look into that! That thing I saw at the frankling show that I thought looked like a k2, probably was!

I have owned both of these guns. I sold the K1 and still have the K2. The K2 that i have has the folding stock (bought it long before anyone thought of putting a thumbhole stock on one). It is a pretty good rifle. The only problem was breaking a firing pin. The K1 was a poorly made piece of crap. It was not as good as the K2.

Daewoo makes EVERYTHING. It pays to remember however that when a company makes such a broad spectrum of products, most of it is junk. K1, and K2 I've heard good things about though, I didn't realize they ever go imported, may have to look into that! That thing I saw at the frankling show that I thought looked like a k2, probably was!

They have nothing on Hyundai, though. When Hyundai got into the giant ship making business (the same ships that carry their cars over here) they made the first 3 while the factory was still under construction. Hyundai makes the stuff that makes the stuff that makes the stuff that carries the stuff to factories that make the stuff. Got it? :screwy: