AR-15 10.5 in Barrel ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Have you completed a Form 1 before on your own?

I'm not sure if you are intentionally trying to be obtuse about this or if you are really just not capable of digesting what has already been told to you by those in this thread. Either way, the matter you are asking about is one that if you get it wrong, you will go to Federal Prison for it.

Don't get it wrong.

I would suggest that you find a local dealer of NFA items and ask them to do all of this for you. I have zero confidence in your ability to comprehend what has been told to you so far, and I'm afraid that if you are honestly having this much difficulty tracking, you're setting yourself up for legal problems.

If you're just trolling the forum to aggravate people who have been trying to help you, then I've got no time for that either.

And yeah, I've done a Form 1 before. It wasn't rocket surgery.

The only reason I am asking is because I am getting different info from the PD and online, the more I ask questions the more somebody that has not even done the process pops off at the mouth. Sends me a link to the ATF web site, tells me its easy...I am just trying to save a little money by doing it myself.

The devil is in the details. Where the Print card need to come from because there coded ( details) how many copies you need the Sheriff to sign (details) Certificate of Compliance, ( never listed by Jason or ATF details)

Get real man aggravating people, Its just not my thing,

Its all just goverment games, I am just trying to play by the rule...

• Administrator

I agree. I would strongly urge you to check with a reputable dealer of NFA items. They will not steer you wrong. I see that you're connecting from a Chattanooga IP address; I can make several suggestions if you want to contact a good dealer and get more info.

And for what it's worth, I would not go the individual route as you are. I'd form a Revocable Living Trust, make myself the executor of that Trust, then allow the Trust to own the item(s). No fingerprint cards, no Chief LEO signoff, and anyone you put on the Trust that is legally allowed to own a firearm may possess the item(s) without being in violation of any laws. It's the only way to fly.

Mac that is the best info I have seen yet, combined with the sticky at the top its right on the money. As far as the trust thing people say its great and my dealer advised not to, I am not sure what to do at this point.

Got the Finger Prints cards today, they do have a "code" on them, all be dam...

• Administrator

I'd be curious to hear why your dealer said no. People who know what's up know that the Trust is the way to go in the vast majority of instances. I suspect your dealer just has no experience with the Trust route and is telling you no just to hide his ignorance.