Laser Engraving

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know about lazer engraving, but if I were you I would rather have the engraving inlet into the wood in mother of pearl of a contrasting exotic wood. There are at least two good guitar and banjo makers in the Chattanooga area that can do that and they do excellent work.

I know there is a trophy shop there on Hixson pike. 30 years ago I had to sell my THP 50th anniversary S&W M-19. I just got it back, but without the original case. What I want is the 50th anniversary logo on the top, so I can hand box, gun, badge etc. down to my grandson someday. Any contact info for the guitar makers? I get back to the states in the next couple of weeks and would like to get the work started. Also want to visit this "Hero Gear" I hear so much about.

Cherokee Slim

Based on the additional information, I think you might like a photolithograph in black on a goldtone metal medallion. If you can pm me a copy of the 50th anniversary logo I can probably make you a camera ready copy that can easily be photolithographed at Professional Awards in East Ridge, TN. They are reasonable and can turn it around in about a week. I will be glad to do the artwork for camera ready copy for you free. Just let me know.

Custom wooden cases [stained cherry] with the Smith & Wesson name and logo cut into the top are available for about $69 new and there was one recently on ebay for $49 used. You may want to use one of these in conjunction with your Tennessee Highway Patrol 50th Anniversary medallion. That might be the best fascimile.

Warrior Basses is just across the border near East Ridge. Don't expect them to take a small job, though. There is a guitar maker that is in the business development center located at the corner of Manufacturers Rd and Cherokee Blvd. You can pick out the inlay that you would want from Woodcraft on Jenkins Rd. and E.Brainerd Rd.

• 3 weeks later...