"Man" purse

Guest flyinglowwithheat

Guest flyinglowwithheat

OK...so you really don't think that anything less then a nice full size 45 is worth carrying(I fit into that group)...well the problem being even when your CC, your not really CC!!! That big sucker makes a pretty nice shadow under your shirt or jacket....LOL....probably scares off some would be BG's BUT also makes social hour at the hotel a little uncomfortable.

FOUND the solution....just carry your laptop EVERYWHERE you go!

You'll not only be connected to the world wherever the need too BUT you'll have a real handy place to store Mr. 45!

Wondering if anyone routinely carries a bag around...I know it sounds a little limp wristed but it's actually practical because you can store LOTS of good stuff in there.

I was thinking about trying to find something along the lines of what Jim carries on "The Office"....that would be perfect.

Any ideas for a good "man" purse?

This is primarily for traveling...I find myself torn between leaving my weapon in the hotel room (NOT HAPPENING) and cooking EVERYWHERE I go because I have to wear a jacket...the "man" purse idea has some value!!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After trying everything from a waist bag made for a gun, to several Maxpedition bags, and now am using a Maxpedition small one strap gearrslinger backpack...it will hold many of my must haves, the two full size handguns and a smaller backup along with extra ammo for alll of them, plus has room for my lunch, a book and other needs. I added a couple of clip on pouches to it and its bigger than I like but it works best so far...and I've noticed that MANY guys, well younger guys anyway, carry backpacks everywhere so although its a military looking style, it kinda fits in, in a way...lol.

Edited by barewoolf
Guest flyinglowwithheat
Just make sure it matches your shoes and you'll be fine.

Yeh very important! Great ideas for bags...now I just have to find some camo heels!

When carrying like this, it's more a matter of responsibly securing the LOADED weapon with you. I'll definitely prefer to holster on my person.

2 seconds would be a good guideline

Does anyone know of a good mascarra.....I hear Avon has a nice product...LOL

Guest JHatmaker

Also love Maxpedition's stuff. Use their Jumbo Versipack everyday. Big enough for a mini-laptop, etc.

maxversipack.jpg

They also just came out with a new line of messenger bags which look pretty good. I'm going to order one for Christmas.

5.11 makes some great stuff as well.

From now on if I ever see a guy carrying a purse who obviously is not in college I will assume he's carrying a gun.

That probably aint a bad assumption.

Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

LEROY

PS-- I got me one of them purses too. Used to contain a stainless 629 smith -- 4 inch bbl. It's amazing what you can put in them things!!

Guest flyinglowwithheat
Here ya go.

Wow! Ordered and on the way! Please let me share a pic of a recent night on the town with my "girlfriends". That Versipak is awesome!

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=6&idcategory=4#details

Gotta find me one of those! Yeh, now that you've mentioned it I've seen quite a few people with these AND NOW KNOW what is inside!!! Went to this gun store today:

Hyatt Gun Shop

Let me tell you this place ROCKS!!!!! I could have spent a week in there. EVERYONE in there KNOWS there guns AND is carrying!!!

AND for the icing on the cake: TONS of AMMO....SPEER GOLD DOT in a 45 Auto.....NEARLY everything you could imagine!!

If your ever in Charlotte...DON'T miss this place

cross-dress_parade_3.jpg

MAN check out those legs!!!!

From now on if I ever see a guy carrying a purse who obviously is not in college I will assume he's carrying a gun.

:)

hey flyinglow...

I carry in my laptop bag when on the road, for the very reason you mentioned...don't wanna wear a coat or heavy shirt everywhere.

yeah, on your person is better, and I carry that way whenever possible... but a 3-4 second shot time is better than not having a gun at all.

nope, I'm not in college either, so Garufa is right. :hat:

and anybody who wants to say it's girlish to pack a pistol in a bag can take that up w/Jack Bauer. :poop: