Any Makarov Shooters/Owners?

Guest Jason F.

Guest Jason F.

I have an adjustable sight Russian Makarov. Just curious if anyone else has one or something else in 9x18M like the Hungarian PA-63?

I just picked this up so I have not taken it out to the range yet. Also need to get my camera back from the sister-in-law so I can take a pic or two. I picked it up on a whim when a friend was getting rid of a few items. I have always had a slight interest in surplus arms and foreign military arms.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason F.

Yeah the East German guns are good shooters. The Bulgarian guns are said to have the best factory finish and clean edges. Both of those examples are generally the cheapest versions. The Russian military surplus and Chinese guns are the most valuable and collectible models other than a couple rare late model reissues.

I think I will take mine to the range a few times and see how it shots then decide if I will keep it long term.

Guest autom8er

I have owned a Bulgarian for nearly 10 years. It is a wonderful shooter. Bought mine NIB still covered in cosmoline (sp?). By far, the best sub $150 pistol I have ever shot or owned.

Ed

Guest Jason F.

I finally rounded up my camera and snapped a pick of the new Makarov.

Makarov01.jpg

Makarov02.jpg

I also snapped a couple pick of the new grips I threw on one of the 1911's. I can't decide if I like them yet though.

Llama01.jpg

Llama02.jpg

Guest Jason F.

Also I had a chance to look at and handle the previous owners Polish P-64 and I really liked it. For a small frame gun it was very comfortable in the hand. Since the ammo for these are is still cheap I think this Makarov and something like the P-64 would make fun range guns.

• 2 months later...
I plan to pick up a Polish Mak or CZ-82/83 in the next few months... 9x18 is still cheap...

I want a CZ-52 as well.

I used to have a CZ-57..Nice pistol..weird round.

I have one of the hungarian FEG pa-63s' though..I call it my "pocket rocket"..cause its really fun to shoot once you get used to it.

its a great little shooter. the sights are really low profile so that took some getting used to for me..but once I got a handle on them, I found it to be extremely accurate!

makarov_p89_001.jpg