Ruger 10/22 Price?

Guest Drewsett

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using one of these: Bushnell - .22 Rimfire 3-9 x 32mm, Matte [762239]

with Weaver See-Thru mounts.

Scope around $50, mounts about $15. That's if you buy locally.

I don't know much about scopes, but it does seem as the $40-50 range provides a lot of options for rimfires.

I've got a 10/22 with Simmons .22 Mag 4x32, about $40-45 with rings included, very clear, easy to see through etc. But now that I've sweetened up trigger a little I think I'd like a 3-9x also, just to be more precise. That's part of the hook of shooting rimfires, I've learned.

Just to prove I'm not a snob, though, I've got a BSA 3-7x 20mm that was less than $20 bucks, tipoff rings included, and so far it's been ok, too on a cheapo Plinkster, just is a little more critical on getting the right eye relief distance.

- OS

found one on amazon.com delivered $38 rings included - black

Geez...what's the link, I might get one, really.

- OS

edit: never mind, took longer to post reply than to find it on Amazon.

Looks like the rings are for the small 3/8" "tipoff" rail mounts rather than Weaver, which is okay, since the rail that comes with 10/22s does both.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Geez...what's the link, I might get one, really.

- OS

edit: never mind, took longer to post reply than to find it on Amazon.

Looks like the rings are for the small 3/8" "tipoff" rail mounts rather than Weaver, which is okay, since the rail that comes with 10/22s does both.

- OS

being a scope virgin, will this one fit the out of the box 10/22's scope rail that comes with it?

Yes. The factory mount that comes with 10/22s will work with 3/8" tip-offs or Weaver mounts.

Right on....

FCFB: It goes on the topmost "dove tail" slits. The bottom wider bevels are the "Weaver" rails.

L10808800.jpg

Those 3/8" dovetails are built into the receiver on some guns, but Ruger just gives you a mount that will do either kind. That pic isn't technically a Ruger factory one, but very similar.

I'm gonna get one of those Bushnell's too...looking around there now....would also like to have a spotting scope, but that's a whole 'nother can o' worms.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Right on....

FCFB: It goes on the topmost "dove tail" slits. The bottom wider bevels are the "Weaver" rails.

L10808800.jpg

Those 3/8" dovetails are built into the receiver on some guns, but Ruger just gives you a mount that will do either kind. That pic isn't technically a Ruger factory one, but very similar.

I'm gonna get one of those Bushnell's too...looking around there now....would also like to have a spotting scope, but that's a whole 'nother can o' worms.

- OS

had a credit with amazon cc so i ordered one, less than $35 delivered...now I'm ready to go to Norris!!! I'll PM you or give you a jingle when I can go.

Guest benchpresspower
I was just in Franklin Gun Shop looking at .22's. I was looking exclusively at used guns, I don't think a .22 needs to be NIB for my purposes (a little plinking and more importantly getting my wife interested in shooting). The staff was pretty helpful, albeit pushy. I was looking at a Marlin 60 that was 119, came with a 10 round mag, and was pre-drilled for a scope. The guy helping me told me I should stay away from the Marlin because their customer service is wishy-washy and that I should go with a 10/22 b/c Ruger has a lifetime warranty. He picked up one that was very clean, very nice, but 249. It seemed a little high to me especially because it was not pre-drilled for a scope and did not include a mag (unlike almost every other .22 on the rack). Is 249 way too much? What should I expect to pay for a decent 10/22?

Got my wife a Mossberg Plinkster at Academy Sports, for Christmas last year. $119, still around that price I think.

Got my wife a Mossberg Plinkster at Academy Sports, for Christmas last year. $119, still around that price I think.

Yeah, I bought the bolt model Plinkster about a year ago, the bolt locking lugs fell out of it, they wound up replacing whole gun eventually, wasn't worth the hassle really. But the thing does shoot okay; if it didn't have a ten pound clunky trigger I think it's capable of pretty good accuracy.

- OS