why was my thread locked. ^^^ rules

Actually, the response in its entirety was completley appropriate.

"You'll just have to excuse me for not jumping through my ass to fix your account if something accidentally happens to it."

David DOES go OUT OF HIS WAY, on HIS time to jump through hoops to help members that cannot post pictures and have other problems with their account..

so with that in mind, why WOULD David jump through the same hoops to help a DB that obviously wants to talk crap about the service that is provided FREE of cost?

I would agree with you if the reaction to the assinine statement came unprovoked, but I urge you to re-read the transactions and form an opinion with the "If this was my house and I was talked to like this, what would I do" hat on. you have a BBQ, invite me, I bring NOTHING to your house, but immediatley bitch about the food you just GAVE me for free...you gonna be all happy about that?

I can bet with some certainty that you would react the same way.

Actually, I thought the response was rather eloquent given the circumstance. (I was kinda thinking a vaction at BEST was in order)

Hats off to David for showing the restraint.

But as Fallguy stated, I certainly dont need to defend the man...he does that very well on his own. :koolaid:

+1!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clsutton21
I agree. David shouldn't be able to reply to BS posts at all. He's an admin, not a participant in the forums OR the guy who gives us a place to come bitch about the way he runs HIS website. I think we should all be more politically correct and let people do what they want without response from those being attacked. There ought to be more rules and laws. Maybe a FOA (Forum Owners Association) since we all own this little collective.

David and I might not see eye to eye on some things but he should be able to bring the hammer down how he feels like on his site. He COULD just ban people sans explanation, or tweak their nose to get the point across. Obviously, that is too much for some people. I'm going to go hug a tree and cry into my soy latte now.

I see wut u did thurr. :koolaid:

Guest canynracer
I agree. David shouldn't be able to reply to BS posts at all. He's an admin, not a participant in the forums OR the guy who gives us a place to come bitch about the way he runs HIS website. I think we should all be more politically correct and let people do what they want without response from those being attacked. There ought to be more rules and laws. Maybe a FOA (Forum Owners Association) since we all own this little collective.

David and I might not see eye to eye on some things but he should be able to bring the hammer down how he feels like on his site. He COULD just ban people sans explanation, or tweak their nose to get the point across. Obviously, that is too much for some people. I'm going to go hug a tree and cry into my soy latte now.

ROFL!!!

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

He's an admin, not a participant in the forums OR the guy who gives us a place to come bitch about the way he runs HIS website.

8,470 posts from David kind of indicate that he is a participant, and not just an administrator.

Obviously, that is too much for some people. I'm going to go hug a tree and cry into my soy latte now.

Trees make good firewood, and soy anything tastes like ass. So if you think I'm some sort of bleeding heart type, you're so very wrong.

The guy didn't insult David personally. He said (very poorly) that he didn't agree with the policy in place regarding the for sale forums. I don't agree with the guy, but I think resorting to name calling and threatening to not assist him if he encounters technical issues is rather sad.

Guest clsutton21
8,470 posts from David kind of indicate that he is a participant, and not just an administrator.

Trees make good firewood, and soy anything tastes like ass. So if you think I'm some sort of bleeding heart type, you're so very wrong.

The guy didn't insult David personally. He said (very poorly) that he didn't agree with the policy in place regarding the for sale forums. I don't agree with the guy, but I think resorting to name calling and threatening to not assist him if he encounters technical issues is rather sad.

...well at least you understood the second part. Why didn't you apply it to the first part?

• Administrator

Clearly I need to post less on TGO since I am inexplicably "too close to the issues" to react without partisanship.

Sadly, while that is purely a sarcastic response, I find myself having less and less time lately as we bear down on the Expo event in December. Just too many irons in the fire. So really I suppose this is a self-correcting problem. I'll post less by attrition, and some people will be happier as a result.

Win... Win?

:shrug:

Guest clsutton21
Clearly I need to post less on TGO since I am inexplicably "too close to the issues" to react without partisanship.

Sadly, while that is purely a sarcastic response, I find myself having less and less time lately as we bear down on the Expo event in December. Just too many irons in the fire. So really I suppose this is a self-correcting problem. I'll post less by attrition, and some people will be happier as a result.

Win... Win?

:shrug:

...but...but....but...I love you.

Your sarcasm detector was broken....

Then it started showing signs of life til it died again...

"Almost there.....all....most there.....Negative! Negative! It just impacted on the surface!"

My God I thought everyone wore their big boy britches on the internets. If I show my ass, and I have, as I have received a warning and a deleted post, and it is to be expected.

Rem came into the thread and showed his ass when he hit submit reply and posted the first time in this thread. David just gave him a physics lesson. If everyone has on big boy britches, they move on, if not, the kiddie pool is over there.

Now, lets go talk about guns or how sexy Nancy Pelosi isn't. :shrug: