$500 bucks in your pocket??

Guest walkingdeadman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much stuff do you already have? No need in buying a rifle if you already have one. For me - I would try to find fishing stuff on clearance and stock up for next year. When fishing season starts up I will then take advantage of the hunting stuff on sale.

...Goes with the saying that the best time to buy a jacket is in the middle of the summer.

Guest canynracer
You have $500 to spend at your local outdoors store on hunting gear. What would you buy?

Well personally, I would spend it to gear up a newbie from Memphis (Lakeland to be exact)...

yep, I would get his some gear, then take him hunting and teach him the ropes... :shrug:

you might as well do it, if you dont, I will tell Obama, and he will MAKE you Share!!! :koolaid:

hehehe

Guest clutepc

Deer Cart..not trying to be a smart a$$ here but dragging deer out of the woods is killing my bad knee..

Binoculars because the ones I have are garbage,

a box of arrows and some different 3D targets..wait..like usual I'm over my limit....

Guest walkingdeadman
Well personally, I would spend it to gear up a newbie from Memphis (Lakeland to be exact)...

yep, I would get his some gear, then take him hunting and teach him the ropes... :lol:

you might as well do it, if you dont, I will tell Obama, and he will MAKE you Share!!! :shrug:

hehehe

I am from Lakeland, take me!!!

Guest walkingdeadman

I am thinking some different types of broadheads. Maybe some camo, although memphismason has forever changed my thoughts on camo since reading one of post on how some camo is almost a waste of money. I would also like a butcher knife set for processing my own meat. Also I have been looking at lots of different tree stands but I just can't decide on what to buy. And I also have a really hard time wanting to spend 150 to 200 bucks on a chair in the sky. Cheap sob i know...

I know it's a hardship, but if you're wanting a good stand, invest in a Summit Titan. It's a little spendy (although there are more 'spensive stands out there) but as a treestand neophite myself, I spent 6 months this year researching & trying out different options. The summit is by far the easiest to use, most comfortable,quiet climber out of every one I tried. If you're going to spend any time up a tree, a Summit would be money well spent.

The Summit is a nice stand, but too heavy for me. I have to have something light and little so I can walk with to the middle of nowhere. I would buy a Lone Wolf treestand for my type hunting. (public land, no ATV's allowed, required to walk)

Before I bought the stand though, I would make sure I had a GOOD pair of boots and a GOOD set of soft, quite rain gear. I use my gortex-like hunting coat and pants more than anything else. It is great for rain, but works just as well for wind. I have the Walls 10X stuff, but everybody makes something similar now. It will run you more than 100.00 for a good set though.

I also get a lot of use our of my ASAT leafy 3-D suit. I wear it for Turkey and Bow season. As far as camo goes, I think it is the best on the market.

I recently bought a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Burly Sport boots. They rock. The lightest, most comfortable rubber boot I have found.

Assuming you have all the guns, bows, ect required to hunt, then make yourself comfortable while you're doing it.

Guest clutepc
I know it's a hardship, but if you're wanting a good stand, invest in a Summit Titan. It's a little spendy (although there are more 'spensive stands out there) but as a treestand neophite myself, I spent 6 months this year researching & trying out different options. The summit is by far the easiest to use, most comfortable,quiet climber out of every one I tried. If you're going to spend any time up a tree, a Summit would be money well spent.

I agree, they are nice, I have a Razor and I couldn't be happier.

I have slept in mine more than I'd like to admit..lol

That comfortable and easy to get up a tree quietly.