Time to buy a Gun Safe

Guest USMarine7564

you've gotta consider the guns you have and their value. its like I don't carry the same insurance on my 98 saturn as I do on my new avalanche. If its difficult to get in and too heavy to carry off that gets me most of what I need. I don't think that professional safe crackers are going to be breaking into a house like mine.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolting your safe to the foundation of the house will not hurt the concrete and when you move you can just drive them all the way through until they are level or break them off after you move the safe out. The other way to secure a safe is to wire it into your alarm system if you have one, so if anyone tampers with it your alarm will go off.

TSH

• 1 year later...
Guest n2omike

I've been looking at gun safes, and am interested in the 72" tall models advertised to hold 45 guns. I like the tall ones, as the extra shelf on top would be very handy.

On my internet searches, I'm finding this Steelwater...

Steelwater 45 Gun Safe 2 Hour Fire Protection: HD724228 - eBay (item 360335671981 end time Jan-19-11 07:22:58 PST)

2hr fire

9ga steel

18 1-1/2" locking bolts

72x42x28

1180 lbs

It comes with a LAGARD combo lock, with others optional.

'Buy it Now' is $2060

Patriot Safe has the 'Warrior', which is a little less robust, but has similar dimensions, a digital lock w/key, 785 lbs, and costs $1776.

https://www.patriotsafe.com/Warrior-45-Gun-Safe-Tall-Wide-72x42x27-1-Hr-Fire-_p_68.html

Free Shipping on both units.

Are there others I'm overlooking? I guess I don't really NEED Fort Knox, but I DO like the larger capacity safes... and it has to be dependable... as I don't want to have to kill it to get into the thing down the road.

Thanks!

Edited by n2omike

There is a reason that the online companies you mention only sell on the internet ! The big reason is that they can pretty much say anything they want and no one will dispute their lies. Patriot is an overseas safe and is very cheaply made, it looks good on the outside but take the safe apart and you will see the inferior design and workmanship. I have one at my showroom if you want to come by and take a look at it and see for your self. There are better safes available at a better price.

MB