FN SCAR 16s (aka the Wife's gonna leave me)

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

Well, I caved in, and decided to get while the gettin' was good. Been wanting one of these for a while :). I know some folks like em and some folks, but I think it's a great gun.

It's not as heavy as I thought it would be, but still feels solid. I like the adjustable cheek piece, didn't think it would help but the placement is just right when I look through the EoTech. Can't wait to take it to the range, I'll definately be trying it out ASAP and compare it with the FS2000 and AR's I've shot. Also definately going to SBR this thing; it was mean to be done on this platform...

Thanks again to Daniel (Metalhead) at Guns and Leather for giving me a heads up. ;) Here's some close up shots of the BUIS, stock, charging handle, etc.

IMG_2106.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2108.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... I hate you.

I have yet to lay my hands on one, but I've heard that (like you said), they aren't heavy as they look, and also that they are slimmer and handle a lot better than they look.

Nice score, JHat!

ETA: Anyone in the know know the reason they serialized the upper instead of the lower?

Dude... I hate you.

I have yet to lay my hands on one, but I've heard that (like you said), they aren't heavy as they look, and also that they are slimmer and handle a lot better than they look.

Nice score, JHat!

ETA: Anyone in the know know the reason they serialized the upper instead of the lower?

I hate you. Have you told your wife yet?

Edited by Daniel
Guest JHatmaker
god dammit. I want to shoot. man. I hate you. Have you told your wife yet?

What are you doing Saturday? Probably go down to Owl Hollow.

Yeah, she wasn't too happy. Told her it was a collectors item and would only go up in value ;) Couple more days and she'll get over it. I'm a good husband, don't do drugs (anymore :P), and let her buy baby clothes for a girl we don't have but she's dying to have one day....so :)

Guest JHatmaker
+1 To Daniel (Metalhead) for not trying to charge some crazy ass price like alot of other ones Ive seen. Anywhere from $3500-$5000+. :)

Absolutely, stand up guys there, all of them. Daniel knew I'd been wanting one and hooked me up big time.

Another gun shop locally had two 16s in a couple months ago, and were asking $5999, and sold both ;)

Berrrrry nice, The way i deal with my wife when i bring a new gun in is tell her it was at a friend's house and i took it back from him, that works if you are newly wed (whithin acouple of years, they smart up afterwards) :lol: may i ask how much was the damage?