FN SCAR 16s (aka the Wife's gonna leave me)

Guest JHatmaker

I never meant to insinuate that they would rape anyone on the price, please be clear on that I have dealt with them several times and they are great people to deal with but as hard as those rifles have been to come by they gave Hatmaker a great price and that really shows how good they are :P

Right. I was just agreeing with you.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy yourself a very nice Christmas present :rolleyes:.

i might just do that, being as i think i just sold my four wheeler with out trying to , haha i just dont know if i can make myself pay that much for a gun tho.

Guest clsutton21
i might just do that, being as i think i just sold my four wheeler with out trying to , haha i just dont know if i can make myself pay that much for a gun tho.

Just tell yourself that you'll never need another one. I know you'll be lying to yourself, but you'll feel better about it while doing it. It works for me...

• Administrator

I could not in good conscience spend that much on a SCAR when the AR platform is still extremely viable and much cheaper. Not knocking Hatmaker's choice of doing so; God knows I've spent some stupid amounts of money on cool toys in the past. The economy just has me looking at these things a lot differently lately. :up:

I would pay that much for a gun, just not THAT gun. Maybe a Super Match M1A or a Barrett .50 (ok so the 50 would be a tad more...). I've never held or shot a SCAR, maybe it's worth it. Not saying I wouldn't like to have one though.

Guest clsutton21
I would pay that much for a gun, just not THAT gun. Maybe a Super Match M1A or a Barrett .50 (ok so the 50 would be a tad more...). I've never held or shot a SCAR, maybe it's worth it. Not saying I wouldn't like to have one though.

I think the most important thing to ask is, "Will it get you laid?"

I'm pretty sure a SCAR will. :tinfoil:

Seeing as how this is one of the longest running SCAR threads here, I suppose this fits in:

FN confirms SCAR 17S for 2010 | The Firearm Blog

FN confirms SCAR 17S for 2010

The semi-automatic FN SCAR 17S, which chambers 7.62x51mm NATO, was supposed to be on sale this year, but FN-USA have announced that it won't go on sale until 2010 ...

Released for 2010 is the highly anticipated SCAR 17S now available for civilian purchase. Chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (308 Win.) and slightly heavier than the SCAR 16S, this unique carbine offers long-range accuracy, exceptional reliability and match winning versatility.

Both SCARs have fully ambidextrous operating controls, a free floating, cold hammer-forged Mil-SPEC barrel with hard-chromed bore; a receiver-integrated MIL-STD 1913 optical rail plus three accessory rails for mounting scopes, electronic sights, lights, or lasers. The side-folding polymer stock is fully adjustable for comb height and has six settings for length of pull. The SCAR also features a tactically advantageous reciprocating charging handle for quick ammo and magazine failure response.

fn_scar_17s-tfb-tm.jpg

SCAR 17S (top) and its smaller brother the 16S.

Guest JHatmaker

Yeah, FN has told me 2010 on two occasions, but not when in 2010. Could be next December. They've had the civilian 17 listed on their website and in their product catalog all year. Come out with it already!!!!

Seeing as how this is one of the longest running SCAR threads here

Yep and not because he bought a beautiful rifle. We just keep it going to find out what his wife does to him! :D

I could not in good conscience spend that much on a SCAR when the AR platform is still extremely viable and much cheaper. Not knocking Hatmaker's choice of doing so; God knows I've spent some stupid amounts of money on cool toys in the past. The economy just has me looking at these things a lot differently lately. :lol:

thats the problem im having. hatmaker is making me want to get one tho, and if the 308 comes out i will deffinatly have one of those.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JHatmaker

Added some goodies to the SCAR, got some railcovers, vertical grip and 3x magnifier.

Next up on the list is to make it a SBR

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

Edited by JHatmaker