Springfield XD Compact 45 ACP opinions

blahX3

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oaklands

I own the regular XD45 and really like it. It is accurate and handles well. The only problem I have had with mine is I ordered some American Eagle off the internet and I got numerous FTF's. It was the ammo as everything else I have put through it has worked perfect.

Another nice gun in the price range you are looking at is the Bersa UC45. I have the UC9 and really enjoy firing it. I am thinking about adding a UC45 to my lineup. The Bersa products are great products for the price and they also come with a lifetime warranty.

Guest Bronker
Thinking about getting one for ccw. Does anyone here have one and what are your thoughts? Or other .45's at about $500 to consider.

Thanks for your time.

I like the XD platform so much, that I own the XD40 subcompact, and the XD45 Service 4" model. I carry the XD40 about 75% of the time, and the XD45 all the rest. The majority of the time, the XD45 does night-stand duty. As long as I've had it, and in all of the rounds fired (I'm the second owner)...I've had zero issues.

It's a hoot to shoot (but expensive)!

I don't think you can go wrong with one. Mine has proven to be efficient and reliable enough that I trust my life to it. Can't give a better vote of confidence than that.

I mix it up between an OWB kydex paddle, a Don Hume IWB single-clip, and a Comp-Tac Minotaur.

M&P 45c, or really get the standard all others are compared to, a 1911 full size, Para GI Expert is in that price range, just as easy to conceal as those little fat tupperwares.

M&P 45c, or really get the standard all others are compared to, a 1911 full size, Para GI Expert is in that price range, just as easy to conceal as those little fat tupperwares.

yep... that 1911 is about the same size alright. (and i love mine, don't get me wrong) but with a lot less in the stack. just sayin...:P

Don't have the 45 yet, but I do have an xd9sc and a 4" 40. The xd9sc is really accurate and easy to shoot and handle, the full size 40 is almost as good in both respects. Of the two, I prefer the sc9. For what it's worth, I'd say the compact 45 should be an excellent choice. I'm in the looking stages of getting one myself.

Check G&L in Greenbriar, they have a good selection of xd right now.