kel tek pf-9mm

Guest canynracer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never shot one, but played with one yesterday. I'm working on a test firing. The trigger seems very good. It has all the requisites for a good concealed carry handgun. Safe, sufficient capacity, enough "stopping power" (IMHO), flat for good IWB carry, good sights. The reasonable price is a plus. About the only thing missing is double-strike capability.

If I didn't have my P7M8, I'd probably buy one. May do so anyway.

my son is a LEO here in Montana and uses one as a back up

shoots it very well and has had no problems w/ jams – he keep his guns clean and oiled

seems a bit small to me – I like the Kimber super compact 45

Have one and love it. Had a P11 and the trigger was just ....bad. The trigger on the PF9 is considerably better. Long, but smooth and crisp. It conceals well and will handle +p & +p+ (although not for extensive range use). The newest generation is out now and has all the improvements that were needed on previous models. Got mine plated for $25 by Jack Fuselier, who does it as a favor to Kel-Tec owners.

I would add that it is snappier than my XD, but it sits low enough in my hand not to be all that noticable. Nothing like a .40 compared to a 9mm. IMO

DVC00691.jpg

DVC00673.jpg

Compared to a XD9 service.

IMG_1446.jpg

I got my PF9 for around that price at a gun show New In Box. Gun show was in Chattanooga (East Ridge), I live in GA - so the TN dealer ran it through a GA dealer at the show - no sales tax, no background check fee (with a GFL you never have to have a background check) and out the door for a fair amount less than $300 out of pocket. Not too bad. The only thing I would recommend is make sure that you get a later serial # PF9 if you buy used - earlier models had some issues - but they come with a life time warranty. But the gun shoots decent. It is not a range gun - meaning you probaly won't enjoy shooting more thn 2-3 mags through it at a time. I have not had a issue yet. Probably put some where around 100 rounds through it. It is light, it is thin, it conceals better than any other 9mm I have tried. I alternate +P loads in the mag. For a reliable conealment gun with a decent load, affordable price - in my opinion you can't go wrong. Will I sell off my Glocks, Walther, 1911s in lieu of the PF9? No way - it just fills another niche when concealment and/or size & weight would be a factor.

Guest canynracer

Thanks for the insight Flyboy...it does sound like winner, I went and checked them out here, they feel good...do you know how to determine the later model by serial number?