SIG came home!!!

willis68

Well less than 10 days from door to door, that is what I call service!

Sig did the following

AEP (action enhancement program)

SRT (Short reset trigger)

P&SP (Sig Light sights, extra springs, tune up) even though it was new in box I get extra springs with this

Here are pictures of the test target that I had them sight the pistol in with Remington Golden Saber 230 Grain

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

The trigger is night and day different than it came stock, I cant wait to shoot it I am very happy with SIG's service and I think I will love this pistol :cool:

Edited by willis68
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE!!! Good to hear the fast a good service.

When you say " The trigger is night and day different than it came stock"

Can you tell us how it felt before and after?

I just like to hear how you guys describe triggers.

Semper Fi!!!

Jeff,

The reset on the trigger is at least 60 to 70 percent less now. It is a much lighter pull but without a gauge I cannot tell you exactly how much. I will put it this way, it does not compare to my 1911's but it is in fact the best DA trigger pull and reset that I have ever tried. Does this make sense?

Edited by willis68

Always a good story when it starts (Sig came home) I'm curios how it shoots also, I had the SRT on my P229 Elite but thought my 20 year old P228 still had a better trigger. IMO

I've been working on the P228 all week and I guess I need to start a thread about it and plan on doing a fluff and buff this weekend on it. I really want a P220, P226, P239, P238.... LOL... So many Sigs, so little money... COOP

Always a good story when it starts (Sig came home) I'm curios how it shoots also, I had the SRT on my P229 Elite but thought my 20 year old P228 still had a better trigger. IMO

I've been working on the P228 all week and I guess I need to start a thread about it and plan on doing a fluff and buff this weekend on it. I really want a P220, P226, P239, P238.... LOL... So many Sigs, so little money... COOP

Not sure but I think the AEP action enhancement has made the most difference by smoothing and making a lighter trigger pull, I love the SRT but the action is amazing. I have my step sons .40 P228 and before I shipped mine off I compared the triggers and they felt identical. Now I just compared them and their is a huge difference, I will shoot her this weekend and really find out :cool:

I can remember when I bought my first Sig, which was a German 226. After I shot it, I was addicted to them like heroin. I now have a BlackWater 226, Misquito, 1911 GSR (which has had most of the internals upgraded by Wilson Combat), P556 SWAT, and now the 229 Elite that COOP mentioned (which I am still dying to shoot, but have not made it to the range). I am getting an itch for a 220, but need to allocate money to more ammo and optics first.

Ahh yes I understand.

Have you ever used a german SP2022?

I hope it shoots well for you and be safe. Look forward to the range report.

No sir I have not, my Sig experience is with 220's and 228, one of my friends had an old P220, I believe it was German and its Trigger was amazing, I believe he had the same work done by Sig that I had done, not sure but I definitely like this one dry firing anyway, I will be running 200 rounds of Remington Golden saber 230 grain through her this weekend if all goes well I will be using it as a carry gun once my VM2 arrives for it

Awesome dude, congrats on getting it back, that was fast!!

Thanks,

I was shocked they actually called me last week and said that I would have it back by the end of this week but I never thought that would happen, needless to say it made my day :P

Fantastic! I hate waiting for stuff! Fast service is the best!

While I've never really been fond of Sigs, the P220 SAO models interest me a lot... looks to me like kind of a lightweight commander that'll feed anything, anyone know anything about them (I've shot DA/SA 220's... wondering specifically about how the triggers are on the SAO's)?

Who sent it off for you?

I did, with their VIP shipping (what SIG calls it) they email you a UPS shipping label, I just took that and my Blue case to the UPS hub by the airport and they boxed it up and shipped it then delivered it back to my house when they Sig was finished, it was very simple :screwy:

WOW!

I really do love this pistol, my stepson and I ran 250 rounds of Remington Golden saber 230 grain through it an hour ago at Stones River. It digested every round with 0 issues.The trigger is AMAZING, the SIG lights (night sights) are very easy to pickup in daylight and it is a very accurate handgun that is extremely comfortable to shoot and that I now have 100% confidence in as a carry gun. I have a long wait on my Versa Max2 holster from Milt Sparks so I am glad that I decided to order a Blackhawk Serpa for it. I plan on putting it into my carry rotation next week when the holster arrives This is one hell of a Sig P220 and I couldn't be happier with the outcome from their custom shop :D

PS. My Buckeyes won the Big Ten outright This has been a Great Day!!

Edited by willis68

I'd like to try one of those SRT Sigs sometime. I traded off my Sig 220 and Sig 226 years ago because I just didn't like the inconsistent trigger pull from 1st to 2nd shot. My Glocks just spoiled me in that regard, although the Sigs are probably made just as well and are likely just as reliable and durable.

Do all the newer models have the SRT or is that a special order feature? Obviously, I haven't messed with them in years.

Thanks,

hickok45

Only Elites and a couple other models come with the SRT, other wise you have to send them to SIG to have the SRT installed. On a side note I did a fluff and buff to the trigger action on my P228 this week and there is a huge difference and I'm really impressed with the trigger, not trying to jack the OP's thread.... COOP