how would yall feel

Guest 7mmMag

He doesnt live in an apartment anymore and he mainly got his pistol for when he is on call and has to go way out in the boonies after dark. and Yes he has a permit to carry ....I asked him one time to explain to me about the whole gun in the truck thing....I asked what good is it if something happens at your house and you cant get to it. He just thinks he dont need it in the house and he will continue too until something happens.....and im sure he would never throw her under the bus and if that keeps his house happy i guess thats his choice. Me personally if my wife had a problem with all my guns I would really miss her. LOL

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you asked your Dad about this? Something has obviously upset your brother. His wife perhaps?

My only advice would be to not cut off your nose to spite your face. While you may want to visit less often, he's still your brother.

True, but it works both ways, you are his family, He can have more wifes, not more brothers !!! Too many men, mostly young men let there wifes control, when and where and under what circomestances they can be around there own family!!! That seems to NEVER work out in the long run, sooner or later they realize that you must have your family. Wifes who demand control soon move on!!! Just my opinion, learned the hard way, now on my SECOND wife!!! Truly if I had known it was so much better the second time around I'd have skipped the first and went straight to the second !!!!!;)

It's the wife guaranteed!!! A lot of women are uneducated about guns and are scared of them, I have a 19 year old daughter whos the same way, to much Oprah and not enough real life experience, I've tried to take her to the range and she'll have no part of it, my son is her opposite and will shoot every day if he could and he's very educated on gun safety, shoots really good, loves my AR and wants a AK for Christmas.... He's 15....

COOP

Guest louderthebetter

His home,his rules but having said that,I would also tell him the road between our houses runs both ways and he is most welcome anytime.

Just because he's hen pecked doesn't mean you have to change your habits or the ability to protect yourself if a BG comes calling.

I don't tell people I'm carrying in their houses, so it is never a problem. I conceal it. A few select know I have a permit but they never know when I'm carrying. That is for me to know.

Guest dizzielizzie

Female :2cents: - it is his wife. She's probably scared of the weapon and "leaving it in the truck" was a compromise (versus getting rid of it.) The only way this would change is if she was no longer a-scared of it (i.e. learned how to handle & shoot.)

Only question I have is when did this come about (before or after marriage or child?)

I will only bring up the fact I have a gun if I am spending the night at someone's house & in paticular if they have small children. If I'm there just visiting & intend on leaving I don't say anything. So far I've had no objections...

I agree the wife. Mine watches something and al the sudden she has a new fear. Fortunately she is cool with the guns, but don't get me started on helmets and car seats! Drives me crazy. Generations of people never wore helmets when riding bikes and sat/laid all sorts of ways on family trips and we seemed to have come along just fine. Not to say safety isn't important, but come on!

My brother is the same way, absolutely refuses to be around me when i'm carrying. And no he's not married, but liberal as heck and he's a Lawyer from Atlanta. Asks me not to carry when i'm around him. For some reason he seems to think us with guns are scared. Sure i'm not scared of life in general, but i am scared of losing my brother and or my dad as i Lost my mother earlier this year to an accident( not involving guns).

Thing is rifles don't scare him, just handguns. so when i'm around him i leave mine locked in a lockbox in my car or in my luggage when i visit him in ATL. I don't want to cause a rift between my brother and myself. But i wonder what he'll say when, if something happens and i could have done something about it.

When i'm away from family I carry all the time, Concealed of course. in my home since i have no kids or anyone to tell me what to do i keep mine loaded and at the ready cause anything can happen, we just don't know when or where.

Guest mustangdave

Its a ...HER HOUSE...HER RULES thing. Your poor brother is just the messenger. I also agree with the "OPRAH EFFECT" theory...this is how we got BHO:tinfoil:

Guest louderthebetter

Just because she is ending her talk show,don't think for a second thats the last we will see or hear from that sow.

Can almost bet she will become part of obumas cabinet or politics of some sort.

Got about much use for her as a bad case of the clap.

Guest GunTroll
Wouldn't surprise me if she ran in the next election.

Scary thought!

And on the leaving your gun in the truck/car when you come over.....being the wise arse that I am I would put a spin on it and say "put your wife in the truck when I come over".

Oprah is not retiring. She's gonna have her own cable channel. I can't wait

She already has it - it's the Oxygen network. I guess it's something like Lifetime, but for some reason I haven't found the time to check it out. Between that channel and her magazine (which has her picture on the cover every single month - cult of personality anyone?), even after her talk show is over, there will still be plenty of Oprah to go around.

Guest HexHead

on another note once I was at his apartment late one night it was just me him and his wife and newborn child

Ahh, the plot thickens. I'd bet dollars to donuts, his wife said something to him about it, and that's behind his change in attitude.