TGO Christmas "Pay It Forward" 2009 Results

TGO David

Guest tantrum

Very cool guys! I just found out about this and wish I could have contributed. I guess that's a hint for me to check the boards out more often. I'm very proud of all who pitched in. God Bless. I would love to see this be an annual thing.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

I also just saw this and am Humbled to even be part of such a group.

Perfect thread to read after answer in Bah Humbug....

May God Bless ALL of you and MERRY CHRISTMAS:koolaid:

"It's Starting to Feel Alot Like Christmas"

brooksjr,you have started something very special,I can hardly wait to see how this turns out next year.

Merry Christmas MR. Brooks

• Moderators

Make me proud to be a member here. If it is done again next year, how about making it a little more visible on the site and running the donation period a little longer. I will say I am impressed with how much folks stepped up in such a big way in quite a short time.

• Administrator
Make me proud to be a member here. If it is done again next year, how about making it a little more visible on the site and running the donation period a little longer. I will say I am impressed with how much folks stepped up in such a big way in quite a short time.

This wasn't something officially created by TGO's ownership; it was a grass roots effort among several members that erupted spontaneously. It's pretty hard to predict and then promote something like that.

• Moderators
This wasn't something officially created by TGO's ownership; it was a grass roots effort among several members that erupted spontaneously. It's pretty hard to predict and then promote something like that.

I know, and I wasn't meaning to sound negative. I just wanted to say that if someone does something like this in the future, try to get it some more visibility as it seems more people, including myself, would have liked to have taken part. It was an awesome display of generosity by the members here and I regret not having the opportunity to take part.

So once again, I salute all those who gave in this endeavor.

Folks...

In addition to these specific needs which were met, the TGO community will be donating approximately $1000 to the Toys For Tots program administered by the United States Marine Corps.

i will be sending a check out tomorrow for this. i have already explained by email how all of you stepped up with the doantions to the local coordinating officer for middle tennessee SSgt. David Carrier.

Everyone who donated their time or money to this effort deserves a big thank you and I hope that it inspired some Christmas spirit in a difficult year.

I was very proud to be able to assist in choosing how these funds were distributed among the nominated families.

I was on the receiving end of an effort like this as a child and trust me your thoughts will never be forgotten by these families.

It is amazing to see a child get the Christmas they did not think they would be able to have, but even more touching is helping parents who were fearful of being able to provide for their children.

It would be truly amazing to see this grow over the years.

Thank you again to all the members here who made this happen, especially Brooksjr. He spent a lot of his own time and efforts to see this happen and did a great job coordinating it all.

Merry Christmas!

I nominate you for TGO Member of the Year 2009.
I second that nomination!

guys i really do appreciate the kind words but there were 25 or so members that took part in this and one very large donation by cjr so i vote TGO the Tennessee state forum of the year.

Edited by brooksjr
  • Administrator

As promised, all who contributed at least $100 to this have been gifted with Benefactor status for a few years to come. A few who contributed way more than $100 have likewise been given even longer Benefactor subscriptions.

Thanks again for participating!

I visited my friend Gary today. He was so thrilled and happy about being chosen for a Kroger gift card. He wanted me to thank all of you who contributed to this project. He said that this will certainly help him make it through the Christmas holiday.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas from Gary!

DSCN3731Small.jpg

i had delivery confirmation on all the larger gifts and it's showing that they all arrived yesterday. with the above post i know of at least 2 of the other gifts that have been delivered. i really think that TGO did a great service to these folks that are going through hard times.

i did send the check to toys for tots on wednesday and will let everyone know when it clears.

As promised, all who contributed at least $100 to this have been gifted with Benefactor status for a few years to come. A few who contributed way more than $100 have likewise been given even longer Benefactor subscriptions.

Thanks again for participating!

Thank you for the Benefactor gift David

Merry Christmas