Visit Limit

In addition to the problem that OH Shoot is having with getting kicked out for inactivity (I had to type this post twice because I didn't submit it quickly enough and got kicked off) I have noticed recently that I can't just "Stop By" the site and look for new post of intrest without logging on. I frenquently vist the site to read for either entainment or information but normally only log on if I want to post. I now get a message telling me I have exceeded the number of visits allowed to the site and that I must log on just to visit and read.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

It is beyond the scope of what can be expected of either myself or the moderators to provide "tech support" for issues pertaining to a person's web browser, their security software, why cookies aren't being saved, etc. Over 700 regular visitors come to TGO each day and only a half dozen or so have ever reported problems with viewing or staying signed in. In other words, this is a problem with individual computers -- not with the server or the site. Individuals having problems need to seek competent friends or use hired-support people (Geek Squad, etc.) to fix whatever is wrong with their computers.

We limit the amount "guest browsing" because each instance of guests viewing threads takes away a small bit of the server's power to fulfill page requests made by our registered members. It does not seem fair, therefore, the show a lack of bias toward our registered members who may have their own enjoyment of the site impacted by having so many unregistered guests taxing the system.

In addition to the problem that OH Shoot is having with getting kicked out for inactivity...

Just to clarify: I'm not having that problem. I don't even log in manually, the "remember me" has worked fine, password not even saved via browser.

I guess you'll see me logged in to TGO MOST of the time, as I tend to have 5 to 10 tabs open in FireFox, puter stays on 24/7, often I don't even close programs out when I retire, etc.

- OS

It is beyond the scope of what can be expected of either myself or the moderators to provide "tech support" for issues pertaining to a person's web browser, their security software, why cookies aren't being saved, etc. Over 700 regular visitors come to TGO each day and only a half dozen or so have ever reported problems with viewing or staying signed in. In other words, this is a problem with individual computers -- not with the server or the site. Individuals having problems need to seek competent friends or use hired-support people (Geek Squad, etc.) to fix whatever is wrong with their computers

My ink cartridges keep running out of ink.................can you fix this and make it snappy, I'm in a hurry.......... :):D

I've never seen this issue and I stay logged on a lot, just a suggestion that if your not using Firefox as your web browser you should be. It will ask you to remember this site when you log on and click yes... IMHO, IE=BAD FIREFOX=GOOD COOP

Guest clsutton21
I've never seen this issue and I stay logged on a lot, just a suggestion that if your not using Firefox as your web browser you should be. It will ask you to remember this site when you log on and click yes... IMHO, IE=BAD FIREFOX=GOOD COOP

SAFARI=BETTER CHROME=BEST