looking for ideas

Ok im looking for ideas on whaqt pistols the ladies perfer . I am shoping for my wife a new pistol , took her to try some but will be shopping solo .Was just wanting some input . She is stuck on the 9MM . She has shot .40 no 45's does not like them . Any input would be great . THANKS

Edited by redneck
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you posted this in the "ladies" section & no ladies have responded yet:hiding:

I will answer for Angel 24/7. I carried her to a gun show just to put her hands on anything that looked interesting. She was set on the S&W M&P9c. Now she says she loves it. Not to mention you can have the backstrap that she likes duracoted pink for her.B)

I have athe XD9sc & she don't like it. It is my EDC.

Edited by xd shooter
I know you posted this in the "ladies" section & no ladies have responded yet:hiding:

I will answer for Angel 24/7. I carried her to a gun show just to put her hands on anything that looked interesting. She was set on the S&W M&P9c. Now she says she loves it. Not to mention you can have the backstrap that she likes duracoted pink for her.:D

I have athe XD9sc & she don't like it. It is my EDC.

If she was to get something in pink , Im sorry but it will have to rest itself away from all my firearms . B)

These are the handguns my wife has 'appropriated' for her exclusive use:

HS2000 (Springfield XD)

CZ-75B

Sig P-239

Whatever you buy for her will be the wrong choice unless SHE decides on it. Just like you, she has her preferences. Someone who is a real Glock fan is unlikely to fully appreciate the gift of a 1911 and vice-versa.

Take her to a gunstore that has a firing range. Let her handle all the rental pistols, and then shoot a few of the ones she might be interested in. Get whatever she likes best. Then, remember that women are allowed to change their minds!

Guest canebreaker

I have the Taurus 80, .38spl. 4" barrel. Flutterby loves it.

I bought her the Taurus 605, .357 2" barrel, she likes it.

She has shot a 9m, 40 cal and .22 auto. She doesn't care for them.

She doesn't like to reload the mags.

When the owners were with us while she was shooting, the gun worked

great. But as soon as they left, it would jam.

Well all she has been talking about is this berretta 92 with the c/t grips that we looked at a week ago at a local shop . I think she just likes the c/t laser . I dont want to spend good money on something that she will end up not liking later . She likes my Taurus OSS but hates the long trigger . I think my best bet is to take her to the gun store and let her pick whatever and just keep my mouth :-x . that will be hard to do .:D:wall:

Wish you guys good luck. Get her somethin she likes or she'll NEVER carry it. I learned this the hard way.... Got mine a 642 Airweight S&W .38spl and didnt work out like i'd hoped...

Maybe it wasn't too bad.... I ended up w/ me a GREAT BUG and she ended up still gettin what she wanted... Guess it was WIN/WIN.

After careful reconsideration, my opinion is get her something YOU really love..:death:

Guest mikedwood

The CZ idea a few people brought up was one I have never considered for a female but darned if it isn't an obvious choice. Great for a small hand, reliable and shoot very well, plus I think the finish on a CZ feels like satin. Of course I like Glocks and about anything feels like satin compared to a Glock:koolaid:

A P01 would be ideal I would think.

Guest eyebedam

My wife hates guns to no end but I finally after years talked her into shooting a few of mine. She really liked my Springfield EMP & she also liked my P238.

Definitely let her pick what she likes the feel of the best. Make sure you let her know that you can put a CT Laser grip on just about any gun she wants. If she likes thar Beretta, make sure the reason isn't just because of the CT Grips.

I have a Glock 27 subcompact .40 which is the same exact sixe as the Glock 26 9mm and I put a set of CT's on it and I love it. I also really love my Springfield EMP 9mm, although they are finicky and need to be broken in with about 300-500 rds. before being reliable. The Glock will be completely dependable right out of the box.

The M&P's have a great rep and seem to be nice guns as well. I'm sure the Beretta is a fine weapon also if that's what she really wants. Like I said, just make sure she really likes the gun itself and not just the laser grips. Please try to sway her away from purse carry if she's planning on doing that. That's the absolute worst place for a woman to carry their gun! (Trust me, I know from experience)

Good Luck! Be sure to let us know how everything works out for you! :screwy:

Well there will be no junk that is a fact . It will be a CCW . I carry a 24/7 OSS she hates the trigger . The xd she dont like the feel or trigger . Price not the option . So will just wait to see what she picks out . Thanks everyone