Sig 522 from Guns and Leather: Range Report!

extremescene

Wow! I got a great deal on the new Sig 522 rifle from our friends at Guns and Leather. I managed to get it out to the range today and it was amazingly fun! I shot 50-75 mini mags and a few hundred federal bulk without a single malfunction. It took only a few rounds to get the cheap Truglo red dot sighted in and it worked great, very accurate! I didn't want to spend much money on sights, considering the overall low price of the rifle.

The trigger is awesome and is much smoother than another brand I tried. It feels like a classic sig trigger! The Sig overall feels a bit heavier than the competition and barely moves when shot. I've got some black dog all-black magazines on the way shortly... the look of the clear Sig magazine doesn't thrill me.

I highly recommend Guns and Leather... they are great to buy from and seem to have the latest and greatest in stock most of the time. They had 10 of these when I first asked Daniel about them and were down to 7 when I left Friday night. Everybody else seems to be out of stock on these... and priced significantly higher. They also had an opened crate of hex receiver Mosins that I'm gonna go back and pick one out of... they all looked excellent!

sig522-1.jpg

sig522-2.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i notice a color variance between the upper and lower.

the Sig ad says 'metel' reciever.

are the upper receiver AND lower receiver both metal??

held one just the other day.

the lower felt like/tapped like polymer, but i'm getting conflicting reports...

be certain, there's money riding on this.... :rolleyes: