• Love it!!
    • WHAT I do is fine but WHERE I do it sucks
    • Hate what I do but I have to feed the kids
    • I've got it made and don't have to work

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that I am one of the lucky ones, not only does my job pay extremely well but I would actually do it for free. I enjoy it that much there is something wonderful to be said about finding something that you enjoy and make a good living doing so ;)

I am actually fortunate enough to have a job that I don't hate getting up in the morning and going to. I could make more somewhere else (in private pratice) but not having to come home and kick the dog is worth a lot to me. :clap: My wife on the other hand makes more than I but has to vent for 30 minutes every evening when she gets home. ;)

I think I am just burned out!! Been doing the same ;) for over 11 years and didn't care much for it when i started. I make pretty good money considering I'm only a high school grad with no formal training in anything but I am so ready for a change. Don't get me wrong I will never get rich doing what I do but the bills are paid and I can still afford some toys.

I like my job, but with a slow year in the construction industry, I've been layed off a LOT more than I've been working.

I don't hate the job, but the whole "Nobody Has a #*$@ing Clue What's Going On" thing that is so prevalent in this industry is pretty annoying, and I was beginning to get burnt out.

I've since switched gears, and am hoping to make a leap into an entirely different line of work.

Here's to hoping the transition not only happens, but that I like it as well. ;)

I love what I do, but the last year and a half has been rough. I started my own business ( doing what I do), but it has not gone well. I am in debt up to my eyeballs, and it makes my job harder to enjoy. Fortunately, God has smiled on me, and a larger company is going to take over the day to day operations, leaving me to do what I do best, and I get to keep 20% of the business. This starts in Feb, 2010.

Edited by First Strike
typo
Guest malbolja
Of course!

I love your job too!

Mine, not so much. But the money is good and I'm still employed so I try not to whine too much. I never did figure out what I want to be when I grow up, and nobody will pay me to ride motorcycles or shoot guns, so...

I like what I do, and I like the company that pays me to do it. Kind of funny, I remember years ago I was working and saw a guy that did what I do now. I thought to myself "Wow, that looks pretty nice. I'd like to do that." Here I am years later, and I do that now. Good stuff. :)

Guest Angel 24/7

I love my job!

But, I think with all the hours and time I am away from home I realize my children are the ones that are suffering for me wanting to be a successful woman. I want them to have everything I never had. I begining to think that all they want is my time and attention.

Balance is what I seek!

I am happy to still have a job in this shi**y economy the company I worked for basically went belly up & was bought out by another company that originally decided they didn't need me, 3 days later they called & asked if I would come back. At that time I was the senior design engineer, now a year later the job location has moved 65 miles away & I had to take a big pay cut to keep a job. Still like the job but man the commute sucks!

The company that I worked for went belly up as well, Thanks Obama!! but I left for another company prior to this happening, I took a small cut in pay but at the end of the day I was overpaid to begin with so I am still very happy and extremely lucky to have a job as a lot of guys in my industry are unemployed at the moment :D

I can't find a job that fits my needs. My wife doesn't drive and our health Ins. is thru her employer so I have to be flexible enough to get her to and from her job. A couple of PT jobs would work but I haven't found those that would let me work around my drive times either. I'm very quickly running out of $$$. Between $$$ problems here and also taking care of my parents who are aging not so gracefully, I am about at the end of my rope.

Guest superdrew4000

I'm the happiest I've been at work in a long time. Making the transition from the corporate hotel scene back to a family resteraunt setting has been fantastic. Ironically, I'm *still* going to school for something completely different than cooking, but I love my semi-new job!

I am happy to still have a job in this shi**y economy the company I worked for basically went belly up & was bought out by another company that originally decided they didn't need me, 3 days later they called & asked if I would come back.

Good thing you're not a bridge burner like me then. I would have nuked that bridge on the way out the door.;)