How far would you drive?

How far would you drive to check out a gun store?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How far would you drive to check out a gun store?

• No more than 10 miles
    • 10 - 40 miles but thats it.
    • 40 - 75 miles if I heard it was really good
    • 100+ if they have guns and ammo!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tennesseevolz

I live in Brentwood, and have been to all the mid tenn shops that i know of, and all the knoxville area, chattanooga area, memphis area, and in between that I can find----there are never too many gunshops to stop in!

I live almost on the Kentucky state line, and I don't have a problem going down to Hero Gear. They're worth the drive. Then again, there are shops I'll drive right past on my lunch break and have no desire to step inside. Depends on the shop, and what I'm doing. Cash in hand, ready to buy is different than just looking around.

Guest Jcochran88

I would drive anywhere to check out a good store if I am planning on buying. A lot of that depends on customer service, if I have heard good things( ie guns and leather, hero gear, etc.) I don't have a problem checking out. Now if I have heard mixed or worse reviews then I would probably check them out only if I was in the area for something else.

The savings must offset the time involved and the cost of fuel burned. In other words, the miles I would drive is directly related to the money I can save. The greater the savings, the further I'm willing to drive. Before I would make a long drive I would need to have a specific item in mind and know that the price would make the drive worthwhile. No long drives for "window shopping".

They gotta have 2 of three things: Knowledge, Good Prices, Friendly/Helpful Staff

I've not come across many shops with more than one of these qualities...so, I'd think really hard about driving more than half an hour out of my way to go to a gun store.

Guest HexHead

If it's gonna cost you more than $25 in gas to go there, might as well order over the internet and pay your local FFL for the transfer. If you know what you want.

• 6 months later...
Guest Halfpint

I've given Joe and the guys at Hero Gear some business on a few occasions, it's definitely worth the drive when I can talk to like-minded individuals and get information about the products I'm interested in.

Guest strelcevina

i go to gun store only to buy something that i already decided to buy

i don't waste my time, to go there and look at a guns.

it is pointless.

and this goes for any other store.

i just go in and out in less than 60 sec :tough:

Guest boatme99

I've made whole day trips just to visit gun stores. Probably 150-180 mi. total one day.

This is how I found Belshire Hardware!

I'll go just about anywhere if it's a really good shop and I'm really in the mood. There are several that aren't that far away that I haven't made it to yet, but I also have to admit that I've been known to plan a vacation trip that's based around the fact that there's a particular gun shop in the area. Heck, on a regular basis I drive 50 miles (or a little more depending on which one I go to) one way just to get ammo from a certain Wal-Mart.

I can walk over to Austin's anytime I want.

Serious, I guess I don't buy that much, yet so I am not really going out of my way but if I was already in the area and I saw a place that looked interesting I would probably stop in and have a look around.