Guns you let go that you wish you hadn't....

KahrMan

I'll start. It still pains me to this day when I think about this. I had a Colt 1911 manufactured in 1914. Had the leather holster with the big flap that was stamped Rock Island Arsenal 1914. The gun was all original with three mags and in about 98% condition.

A friend of my uncles dad died and he found this when cleaning out his dads safe. It made its way to me and I said sure I will take it. I was a lot younger back then and didn't realize what I had. I ended up trading it for some hunting gear and a rifle. Somebody got a real good deal at my expense.

Man, I wish I had that 1911 back!;)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see...

A pristine Benelli M1S90 Tactical 12ga with ghost-ring night-sights

A Sig SP2340 .357sig

A Springfield Armory XD-9 SubCompact

I'm in no hurry to add to that list, but, every gun which I've replaced has been a learning experience by way of discovering what works for me and what doesn't. The Benelli was expensive enough (to me) that I didn't want to wear it out or abuse it, which totally goes against the premise of becoming proficient with an arm. The Sig was not supported with aftermarket accessories, at the time, so it was impractical because I couldn't carry it. And, I simply wanted something else more than the XD, at the time, and couldn't afford it without trading it off... turns out, I didn't keep the gun which I traded it for.

I will likely get another XD subcompact... I would already have one if there was a SubCompact XD-357 available.

Guest ETS_Inc

I can't say as I regret ever selling a handgun. But, I do regret trading away my first AR, a Colt AR-15A2 HBAR, pre-ban in 1996. I traded it, with a truckload of mags and accessories, for a Hi-Point .380, Russian SKS, and 100 rounds of ammo for each.

Guest bulletproof

OK, don't laugh at me. I didn't let this gun go by choice. It was stolen. It was the first gun I ever owned and my father bought it for me when I was 14. It was a 1901 Harrington Richardson single shot 410. I loved that gun and I hope the ass that stole it met with a most undesirable and distasteful fate. Ah...I fell better now.

I've never regretted selling a gun, because I've only sold guns that were problems to me. However, I did have one stolen that I would have kept 'til death. It was a single shot 20ga shotgun, given to me by my Dad for Christmas one year. I killed many squirrels with that gun, and would have loved to give it to one of my sons. It was in my Dad's house for safekeeping while I lived elsewhere. That is where it was when it was stolen.

Lucky for me, my Wife is very pro-gun, for me at least. When I mentioned selling one of my guns to buy another, she said, "Why can't you have both?" Have I mentioned that I have the perfect Wife?

Guest jcramin

Well I have 3 I now wish I would of kept. I was not big into guns when I got rid of these but now that I am more into guns I wish I still had them.

An original S&W Sigma 40

S&W 357 Mag 6inch barrel with scope stainless

S&W 4013

BUT I did get more useful guns when I got rid of the above.

Ruger SP101 357 mag 2 1/4 inch barrel

Kahr PM9

S&W SW1911SC

J

Guest gcrookston

When I moved from Shreveport to Denver in 2004 I had 242 guns. When I moved from Denver to Houston in 2006 after 2 years of "underemployment" I had 40 guns. When I moved from Houston to Murfreesburo in June of this year I had 14... Now I'm back to 20. Of all these guns, there are quite a number I regret selling...

I won't list them all, but here are the ones I wake up at night thinking about...

1903 National Match 1927 manufacture

Colt 1911 SER# 24212 (90% original finish)

Colt Woodsman 2nd series SAC survival gun

Colt Woodsman 2nd series Match Target with factory ambi grips

Colt Pre-woodsman 1927 manufacture

HK91

1937 P.08 S/42 from Donald Zahne, captured during the Normandy invasion and the incident recorded in Bando's book, "101st Airborne in Normandy"

1942 P.08 "Black widow" about 98%

1968 Clark 1911 "hardball" gun

Russian SKS 1957

Norinco type 56 underfolder lacking import marks (from canada?)

some of the Colts

dsc000873is.th.jpg

some of the Lugers and P.38's

toys1mx.th.jpg

dsc000817bd.th.jpg

some rifles... dsc000980wh.th.jpg

dsc000049vh.th.jpg

dsc00086wx6.th.jpg

byf43yh9.th.jpg

dsc001188ey.th.jpg

dsc000063yr.th.jpg

More telling are the guns I kept and the guns I've bought since moving here...

Kept:

Winchester 24 in 20 ga.

Winchester 70 in 270

Savage 10 in .308

Savage 110 in .223

M1A1

HK93/sg1

Ruger 10-22 carbine

Ruger 10-22 heavy barrel target/varmint

Colt Sp-1 3 digit serial # 1964 1st year of manufacture

Colt M1917

Sig 226

HK Tactical

Hammerli Trailside Target

Enfield No2 MkIV

Bought:

Colt Sp-1 4 digit ser# 1964 1st year of production

Colt GCNM 1967

Taurus PT1911

ac44 P.38

pre.44 k98k

Sig Mosquito

• 2 months later...
Guest Halfpint

My mom's Ruger 10/22 . . . she let me sell it when I was sixteen for an extra $150 down on a pickup. The rifle was nothing special, just a bull-barrel gun. Currently looking to get back into the rimfire target scene, and that or a Remington 597 with a heavy barrel are my most likely picks.

. . . thinking back on it, even though it was a heavy-barrel gun, I don't remember it having optics of any kind on it, though my mom shot regularly before I was born. Don't ask . . . :rolleyes:

Guest price g

Reminds me of this great little Raven .25 auto I use to have,wait a minute, I still have that crap box. I am sorry, I thought this was the guns that should be sold thread.

My Dad had a belgim made Browning Hi-power. It was the first handgun I ever shot as a kid. Just him and I at my grandparents farm, on my 10th birthday. Over the years, we swaped it back and forth, between each others houses. On one occasion, while it was at his house, my sorry a$# uncle (yes, Dad's brother) stole it! I guess everyone has someone in their family who is a sorry piece of s&*t. We threatened and we bribed, but he never would fess up and turn it over. I recently bought on just like it on gunbroker so I could pass it on to my son one day. Still, it just is not the same.