Hi-Point carbine Paint job?

spookboy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to know what i can use to paint my hi-point. im thinkin cheap ladies and gentlemen, wally world cheap(x-mas and all) is there any flat Black that will cover the almost chrome surface on the reciever and bbl shroud(heat sheild) and if i need to prime the plastic stock I need to know.A pic

1122091903a.jpg picture by dtbspookman - Photobucket

Mike.357 painted his HP pistol, but just the polymer frame.

He'll probably see this thread,if not, PM him.

Sure you want to paint the metal? They only made the "chrome" ones for a couple of years.

It might be worth big bucks...you know, like an extra five or ten maybe!

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I slapped some flat OD green on the slide of the pistol. And no it did not make it any uglier, LOL.

I agree with the post that said grill paint, but you might need to prime it first.

And I do agree with OS, I would not paint that rifle. If you do not like it, sell it and get another. The stainless look is worth a dollar or two more.

Guest jackdm3

If you must, there are special paints available at good homecenters that are formulated specifically for plastics. Plastic has oil in it and won't receive an ordinary paint, if you ever want to be able to touch it again.

the rifle pictured in the rattle can camo link was done with the ultra flat camo krylon or duplicolor (don't remember who makes it) that wally world carries. just remember the key is the prep work; clean well, scuff well, and clean really well again before painting. It is paint so it will scratch off if you scratch it hard enough. the rifle in the pic has been dragged around alot and the paint is still in great shape.

DSCN1638.jpg

and parts of the green are starting to flake off, should i just paint over it ?

yes sand it well and get any flaking paint off. sand painted and bare surfaces that you want to paint. scotch bright pads work well for the sanding part. then clean it really well with rubbing alcohol. spray it black.

i wouldn't worry about getting all the old paint off but it's up to ya.

Another thing that you can use is spray vinyl dye. The type that is used on car interiors. I used the black on the used Hi Point carbine stock. It is made to go on plastic and it stains into it. It is sold in Wal Mart and most parts stores.

On the metal you can use the Krylon CamoFlage system paints. We buy it buy the case

at the Fort SSSC and at the PX. But I have been told by many the the BBQ paint holds up real well for a cheap job.

Edited by R1100R