XD9 range report

Guest mc30707

Guest mc30707

I went to the range today. took my new XD9 service. It has more recoil than my Beretta 92FS. Very accurate. fired 100 rds. winchester white box. At about 50 rds the recoil spring assembly stuck out about .25" farther than normal and the gun would not fire. I removed the chambered round, then removed the slide. the recoil spring assembly then popped back into place. I put the gun back together and continued without further issues. I cleaned the gun before going to the range. It was cold out. Have any of you had this problem? What can be done to avoid this in the future? Is it needing a break in period or what? Thanks for your responses.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on XDTalk.com. Search for DGR (Don's guide rod) cost $25 @ pitolgear.com. It is a stainless steel guide rod replacement with wolf spring that replaces the captive setup. It allows you to change spring rates. Very good setup, plus it looks a whole lot better... IMO.

I went to the range today. took my new XD9 service. It has more recoil than my Beretta 92FS. Very accurate. fired 100 rds. winchester white box. At about 50 rds the recoil spring assembly stuck out about .25" farther than normal and the gun would not fire. I removed the chambered round, then removed the slide. the recoil spring assembly then popped back into place. I put the gun back together and continued without further issues. I cleaned the gun before going to the range. It was cold out. Have any of you had this problem? What can be done to avoid this in the future? Is it needing a break in period or what? Thanks for your responses.

Could the slide have simply not been fully in battery? There's nothing internally which could push or catch the guide rod forward any further... Interesting...