S&W Sigma series

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

Anyone have one of these? The 9mm or .40? I found a good deal on these and thought about picking one up!

I found either caliber for $289 shipped. Comes with 4 hi-cap mags, case, etc. Also, it comes with 2 more hi-cap mags for free, and a $50 mail in rebate!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest looneeetunes

i havent had any experience with them, but i recently ran upon a "baby sigma" in a .380. i understand they make this one in .380 or 9m Hsw380L.gif

this is the one i saw. bear in mind i only held it, but this was a no thrills gun. i mean it only goes bang. no slide lock back, and the only safety is in the trigger i.e. tip of the trigger. now this rascal was priced under 200 smacks but i just couldnt do it. and this is just my opinion and you may be looking at a diffrent gun.

I had a 9mm Sigma. It was OK I guess. Heavy for what it is. Throws lead downrange at either rate. I'd keep one by my bedside if I didn't already have 2 .45's sitting there.

Too difficult to field strip IMO. I can have a 1911 down in seconds and I could never get this thing down in decent time.

Very heavy, ugly, and has a HORRIBLE trigger. I tried some in the store and thought maybe they just needed to be broke in. Well, met a guy at the range who was shooting one and he let me try it.....didn't get any better. Very long and very heavy. Like a bad revolver trigger.

This is the gun that ruined S&W in the auto/polymer market.

I had a Sigma .40 in the shop and took it out and shot it. It was OK. It did everything a gun ought to do, was reasonably accurate. For the price I couldnt complain at all.

The mini-sigma, otoh, was the worst gun I ever owned. See the thread on guns you regret buying.

Very heavy, ugly, and has a HORRIBLE trigger. I tried some in the store and thought maybe they just needed to be broke in. Well, met a guy at the range who was shooting one and he let me try it.....didn't get any better. Very long and very heavy. Like a bad revolver trigger.

This is the gun that ruined S&W in the auto/polymer market.

I have an SW40C. As Nate said, it has a VERY heavy trigger pull. I don't have a lot of experience with pistol shooting, but I'm terribly inaccurate with it. I attribute a lot of that to the trigger. I think I pull the gun when I squeeze the trigger.

That being said, the price certainly was right! They are very "affordable". :D

They are decent guns. Worth their price, easily. I've fired about 200rd through a .40s&w version owned by my future BIL. It was surprisingly accurate if you carefully pulled the trigger (3 1/2" group at 25yd offhand, very slow-fire, was my experience)... the downside is the trigger, it sucks. Feels like 15#. Similar to a Glock in terms of disassembly, and the ergonomics are excellent compared to a Glock. Just practice with the trigger-pull and you'll be alright.

Actually one of the most experience gun people I know swears by his Sigma .40. It fits his hand and he loves it.

I won't argue the fit. The fit is quite nice. I put a Hogue rubber grip on mine and it fits like a glove. Nice feel.

I have a Sigma in 9mm. It is a nice gun and I would not hesitate to recommend it to someone. As for the trigger I agree it is heavy but I do not see it as a big deal. Run a box or two of ammo through it and it is very easy to get used to. I have dry fired a .40 and the trigger was lighter than my 9mm. Also I took my HCP class with the 9mm and shot a perfect 48/48, so I would say it is accurate as well.

Some have posted that it is heavy, not true. I carry mine often and it does not weigh me down. The only thing that would make it heavy is the standard capacity 16 round magazines it came with. Certainly feels lighter than any other handgun I have. Maybe one of the FFL's here can post actual weight of popular handguns for comparison.

Someone posted about field stripping. I can break the gun down to four pieces in about 5 seconds, maybe less. It is easier to strip than a 1911 imho.

I have about 1700 rounds through it and it has not one time failed to feed, eject or go bang when I pull the trigger. I can't say that for any other auto loader I have.

For the price you are getting and the free mags it is a no brainer to buy it.

I don't know about that mini Sigma. I do not want a pistol without a slide lock, and especially I do not want one that does not lock back after the last round.

I HAD one in .40 (until a classy pristine S&W Combat Magnum stole it and a couple hundred bucks from me at a gunshow!) and am planning on buying another when a good price and my money meet.

True, it had a heavy, longish trigger, but $40 to a gunsmith fixed that right quick. It was VERY accurate. It was my first gun, and the first handgun I ever bought. With that "awful" trigger and all, the first 5 rounds I ever fired made it into the orange 4"x6" oval at 50'! I think that learning how to shoot with that trigger first helped me be able to shoot all the other guns I have now better.

I keep hearing about people having trouble fieldstripping this gun and I just dont get it. Super simple.

The .380 Sigmas are a different beast. I have a neighbor with one. I hate that dang thing. (Not the neighbor, he's cool.)

Guest canynracer

I have the Sigma 9VE...I absolutley LOVE it, it is reliable (over 2000rds, no issues), accurate...the trigger is kinda heavy, but I worked out last night, so it doesnt bother me...lol..it gets better after time, It does not like S&B ammo....

never had experince with the one in the pic....

Guest TNDixieGirl

I have the 9VE as well, and I don't agree that it's heavy. I carry mine everywhere I go. Shoots very well, the trigger isn't as awful as many people told me it would be (guess it depends on what you're used to and I wasn't used to anything) so I'm not sure why the big fuss about the trigger. Very reliable, easy on the bank account pistol. Guess I might find another pistol I like better someday, but I'm not looking right now, so I'm very happy with this one. And I can take it apart in a matter of seconds too. :stir:

Guest canynracer
I have the 9VE as well, and I don't agree that it's heavy. I carry mine everywhere I go. Shoots very well, the trigger isn't as awful as many people told me it would be (guess it depends on what you're used to and I wasn't used to anything) so I'm not sure why the big fuss about the trigger. Very reliable, easy on the bank account pistol. Guess I might find another pistol I like better someday, but I'm not looking right now, so I'm very happy with this one. And I can take it apart in a matter of seconds too. :)

not the gun, the trigger (you misread me)...I am quite used to it now...I love mine as well!!

Guest Boomhower

It's like an endless circle for me. I look for a paritcular type/style of gun, and once I finally get it, something else pops in my head.:P I love it:hyper::)

Guest canynracer
Anyone have one of these? The 9mm or .40? I found a good deal on these and thought about picking one up!

I found either caliber for $289 shipped. Comes with 4 hi-cap mags, case, etc. Also, it comes with 2 more hi-cap mags for free, and a $50 mail in rebate!

are the ones you are buying nib?

if so, what kind of sigma are they? ge, ve...othe "e"

and most important, WHERE? it sure sounds like an online deal...mama always said you should always share with your friends...:)