Glock 36 / reliability issues?

wareagle

Guest GlocKingTN
I agree 100%. I had an Uncle Mike's neoprene holster for a little .380 auto that I have, and it was comfy but useless. There was no such thing as reholstering without removing the holster first, and weapon retention only existed if you and the weapon were upright and vertical.

I had an Uncle Mikes for the Ruger I had. It seemed to work fine as far as holstering and vice versa. Maybe it's not so good for certain guns.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Archimedes

Yeah, it was cheap and I was really looking for comfort at the time.

While it's true you can't easily holster one-handed, I've never had to take it off to holster and I've never felt like it was going to fall out.....except...

There was this one time that I was playing with a dog at a friend's house and it fell out while I was lying on my back. Luckily, I had a jacket on and was able to reholster unnoticed.

I used a Fobus paddle with my G30 and I really liked it, but it wasn't much for concealment if you didn't have on a jacket or something.

I had planned on looking into other holster options so, thanks, James, for the input. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences. I'll look into those right away.

~Archi

P. S. -- Not a fan of leather holsters.

I love my CTAC IWB holster, it is Kydex and while you can feel it, it ain't going anywhere and whether you have a shirt untucked, jacket on or your shirt tucked over it, you can't see it!

Guest Shay VanVlymen

I'll assume the folks reading this carry a gun because they think they might have to someday shoot someone. Why would you need to shoot someone? Because they are doing something to you that causes you to need to shoot them.

If your gun falls out of your holster when you are on your back it IS a big deal. You might start your fight after being hit and knocked to the ground or tackled. If your gun can't be retained by your holster it is more of a liability than an asset because it could easily end up on the ground to arm your attacker. Best case, you no longer have your gun to use on him. Worst case, he has your gun to use on you.

Spend a little money and get a quality holster.

Just my .02.

I'll assume the folks reading this carry a gun because they think they might have to someday shoot someone. Why would you need to shoot someone? Because they are doing something to you that causes you to need to shoot them.

If your gun falls out of your holster when you are on your back it IS a big deal. You might start your fight after being hit and knocked to the ground or tackled. If your gun can't be retained by your holster it is more of a liability than an asset because it could easily end up on the ground to arm your attacker. Best case, you no longer have your gun to use on him. Worst case, he has your gun to use on you.

Spend a little money and get a quality holster.

Just my .02.

What is your thoughts on the Comp-tac CTAC IWB holster? Blackhawk Serpa Paddle?

Guest GlocKingTN
What is your thoughts on the Comp-tac CTAC IWB holster? Blackhawk Serpa Paddle?

I have always heard that the CTAC was very good and held up to its namebrand. Not sure about the blackhawk!

I have always heard that the CTAC was very good and held up to its namebrand. Not sure about the blackhawk!

I have them both and with the limited experience I've had, I am very happy. The IWB is hides my XD very well and is comfortable considering you have a service model size handgun strapped to your hip!

The blackhawk ain't coming out. The way the paddle attaches to your pants and belt, if it comes off by force, it is because your pants were ripped off you. It has an internal hook that causes it to catch the inside of your pants and two fang looking hooks that grab your belt.. It doesn't move.

Guest GlocKingTN
I have them both and with the limited experience I've had, I am very happy. The IWB is hides my XD very well and is comfortable considering you have a service model size handgun strapped to your hip!

The blackhawk ain't coming out. The way the paddle attaches to your pants and belt, if it comes off by force, it is because your pants were ripped off you. It has an internal hook that causes it to catch the inside of your pants and two fang looking hooks that grab your belt.. It doesn't move.

I use the Fobus Paddle for my Glock, and its pretty much the same way. If it comes out of your pants, then your standing there in your bloomers anyway.

CTAC is 100% good to go.

Serpa and Fobus are junk.

What issues have you seen with the Serpa? I read about debris getting jammed in the release button.

I got it mainly because of casual wear, for example at the range for easier draw and re holstering or around the house.

When I'm out in public, my CTAC will be on.

What issues have you seen with the Serpa? I read about debris getting jammed in the release button.

If you need something ELSE....

You know how you have to push the release button in to draw the gun? Imagine being under stress and doing it. You press the button firmly as you grip the gun. You begin to pull the gun up and your trigger/button finger is still pressing inward and BANG!

Several people have shot themselves in the leg.

You know how you have to push the release button in to draw the gun? Imagine being under stress and doing it. You press the button firmly as you grip the gun. You begin to pull the gun up and your trigger/button finger is still pressing inward and BANG!

I appreciate the input.

The Serpa latch can also get debris lodged in it and totally seize up rendering you un-able to draw your gun. Talk about retention.

CTAC rules them all.

I am also a fan of using only one holster. I use an IWB all the time. I have used one in a three gun match, while taking Fighting Pistol, even at Fighting Rifle.

I do not ever see myself using a belt holster or tactical drop leg, so I never train with one.

• 2 weeks later...

Several people have shot themselves in the leg with Glocks when drawing and re-holstering (regardless of holster type)... I don't see any consistency with your judgment on that issue.

Perhaps there have been debris issues with the SERPA mechanism... but several marines I know over in the sandbox use them, and give nothing but glowing reports under the conditions they face.

Any device can fail, and any human can make a mistake. I have not seen any evidence of these problems being more common (or even nearly as common) as others which have been discussed.