New Ruger SR9 Compact

jtluttrell

Guest Drewsett
It'll take some G26 sales. My hesitation would be the trigger. The SR9 I looked at had a trigger that made a Sigma feel like butter.

The SR9 I looked at had a hard, short trigger pull. I felt like I had to apply about the same amount of force to pull the trigger on the SR9 that I would use to pull a DA revolver.

Can't a good gunsmith machine that trigger to make it a little softer? Or do most guys not mess around with triggers?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rugerman
Wider than G26.

Wider than the XD SC, too.

"..and the same slim 1.27" grip width (across safety levers) as the full-sized SR9..."

- OS

Across the safety levers ONLY is this gun wider. This gun is actually slimmer than both of those.

Guest 10mm4me
Price check on thread aisle.

Any idea of this thing will cost?

It better not cost a dime more than it's big brother,that's for certain.Not that I would ever buy one anyways.I am really getting burned out on stryker fired, polymer guns.I may be changing my avatar soon to something with a hammer.

It better not cost a dime more than it's big brother,that's for certain.Not that I would ever buy one anyways.I am really getting burned out on stryker fired, polymer guns.I may be changing my avatar soon to something with a hammer.

Your avatar indicates that you are a disciple of plastic fantastic. :P

Guest Tenngunner

Subcompact, striker fired, lightweight, stainless finish, & (still) with a

manual safety!-:P

[:taunt:take that-Glockfanatics!]....what's not to like?

Edited by Tenngunner
Added wording.
Across the safety levers ONLY is this gun wider. This gun is actually slimmer than both of those.

My hips are narrower than my waist, too, but maximum width is maximum width.

I AM impressed that it somehow holds 17+1 and yet its height is about the same as XD SC and less than .5" taller than Glock 26 (don't know if they're counting the rear sight).

That's 4 more rounds than the XD SC and SEVEN more than the Glock 26.

- OS

I got excited for a few minutes still looks like an interesting gun

Oh I agree. I'm actually a Ruger fan, the old man's previous direction not withstanding; actually I'm a fan of ALL U.S. gun companies.

Ironic the only gun I own which is NOT U.S. made is my EDC, but I did try to pick the overall best one for my needs.

edit: I forgot, have "Mossberg" Plinkster, which is actually made in Brazil.

- OS

Guest Sgt. Joe
I love my sr9 it conceals well, this should be a great carry pistol.

Ditto here....I love my SR9 and it is easy enough to conceal it has become my EDC replacing a PPS-9.

Capacity, price and slimness is what made me buy it.

I read a lot about trigger problems but mine is the easiest of all my few handguns. Very accurate out of the box also.

Recoil.....What recoil?

But I seriously doubt they will be able to keep it as low with a smaller frame although it still should be pretty manageable.

I just checked the spec. link and it WILL take the full sized mags:) and accept all the full sized add on goodies. The full size came with a 50% off coupon for Viridians lasers that is good until May 31.

I also really like the loaded chamber indicator on the full size, the c looked like it has the same, but the spec. site did not say outright. I think it probably will as the rest of the thing is identical.

And just when I thought I had enough pistols....:P

Now I'm excited again...........:stunned:

I'll be calling store tomorrow.....:eek:

BTW the Great Outdoors Store in Jackson is usually 100 bucks or more less than MSRP. I would bet this pistol will be from 399 to 429 range there.