GSG-5

Major Kong

Anybody have a GSG-5? I'm currently obsessing on owning one. Any particular ammo they like or don't like? Any peculiar reliability issues? Anyone know of a dealer around Knoxville that has them in stock (and isn't asking an arm and a leg for them)? Enough questions?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one and run Federal bulk pack from Wal Mart in it all the time. It runs like a sewing machine. You better buy one pretty quick because they are not being imported any longer. HK sued them and they stoped importing. What is in country is all there will be.

I've got one and run Federal bulk pack from Wal Mart in it all the time. It runs like a sewing machine.

You are the first person I have heard say that it will run on anything less than CCI Mini Mags. I was hot for one but let it go due to the fact that I believed it took high dollar .22's to make it work.

Interesting.

Guest Plainsman

Saw one of these at a local shop the other day and didn't handle it. I guess I should have. I can't make up my mind on it. They had it listed for $519, which is even way over the usually overpriced things on gunbroker. Doesn't mean that I couldn't negotiate a little, but still, I don't know if I can really spend that much on a .22. Next is the fake can on the thing...seems like something Daisy would put on their BB gun.

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

Hating Hk makes no sense. If it were up to them, you'd be able to buy semi auto versions of everything from G36s to UMPs just like Canadians can. They'd be taking advantage of the .22 copy craze by selling conversion kits, factory installed on their standard weapon platforms.

Blame our import laws that were lobbied for by protectionist gun companies colluding with panty-twisted antis. Although that would involve actually learning why things are instead of repeating the hurrrrrrr durrrrrrrrr derpy durrr short bus memes so I suppose it's a bit much to ask from the average person.

What's next, the .50BMG round blows arms off even if it passes next to them?

By the way, the GSG-5 is a fine little piece of kit. I rate it highly. Unfortunately, Hk does have the right to protect their intellectual property. You'd complain just as hard if some tool started up tngunownerz.com.

Edited by Schwarzgebrannt
Guest coldblackwind

I've got a p and a pk, and my dad and best friend both have carbines, they'll run just about any ammo you wanna put in them as near as I can tell. No problems from federal or winchester bulk packs, and I've got some thunderbolt I've been meaning to try, but I'm guessing it'll be fine.

As for them no longer being imported, don't believe all the hype. They'll make a small change, slap a new name on it, and be back on the shelves in no time. They already issued a letter to venders saying as much.

my gsg has never had a problem with the bulk pack. I know a few people that have them as well and they shoot the cheap stuff really well and accurate.

I am thrilled that mine will hit a target 75 to 100 yards out using factory sights and standing up (cheap ammo).

Hating Hk makes no sense. If it were up to them, you'd be able to buy semi auto versions of everything from G36s to UMPs just like Canadians can. They'd be taking advantage of the .22 copy craze by selling conversion kits, factory installed on their standard weapon platforms.

Blame our import laws that were lobbied for by protectionist gun companies colluding with panty-twisted antis. Although that would involve actually learning why things are instead of repeating the hurrrrrrr durrrrrrrrr derpy durrr short bus memes so I suppose it's a bit much to ask from the average person.

What's next, the .50BMG round blows arms off even if it passes next to them?

By the way, the GSG-5 is a fine little piece of kit. I rate it highly. Unfortunately, Hk does have the right to protect their intellectual property. You'd complain just as hard if some tool started up tngunownerz.com.

Take a deep breath and relax. The issue with HK has very little to do with the GSG. If you don't get the general animosity towards HK, google Larry Correia and the term "cause you suck and we hate you".

To get this train back on the tracks. I just picked up a gsg-5 at the Nashville show this weekend, $469.99. The local dealer was aware of the limited stock and I thought the price was so-so. I plan on taking a trip out to the range tomorrow. FWIW

This is a cool looking little plinker, and I'm only going to make it cooler:)