Dan Wesson help needed

I've only met a few of the TGO members in person, but I can attest to the fact that every one I have has been a pleasure to talk with and seemed to be completely as they appear in print here.

But this example of honorability far surpasses what many people today would give all these "rightwing [and some lefties too, I think] gunnut extremists'' credit for.

It is an honor and a privilege to be even loosely associated to such a great group of people as these examples of our membership.:hat::D:no1:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the proud new owner of this fine gun.

First - kudos to HOOKER771 for being honest, upfront about the previous trouble, and very pleasant to deal with. He described the gun to a "T" and included excellent photos in his recent ad. He was flexible on price and meeting location and we completed the handoff earlier today. Great guy to deal with. ;)

Now for a range report: I ran it through the paces today with various types of ammo, a mixture of fast and slow pace, and strong and weak grips. Also tried shooting from low ready, high grip, low grip, and turned on the side. I tried to get it to fail but it just wouldn't cooperate. Function and accuracy were perfect without any issues. No doubling or hammer follow. Brass ejection patterns were consistent with the same ammo. It was the high quality tack driver you would expect for any DW gun.

I broke it down after my shooting session including removal of the firing pin and extractor, and also disassembled the magazines. Observed that it was pretty dirty in the hidden areas such as the firing pin channel, extractor face, magazine walls, and under the grips. I gave it a thorough cleaning and all of the fouling came off with minimal effort. I polished the breech face and feed ramp and lightly buffed out the mark near the takedown latch. The two minor scuffs on the top of the slide which HOOKER771 mentioned are very difficult to see so I will leave them alone. Finished up by treating all metal parts with EEZOX and applying a few precision drops of Wilson Combat lube.

The gun now looks brand new again and is resting comfortably in the safe. This was a great deal on an excellent product. I thank everyone who contributed to the process along the way.