Ruger LCP grips for slide

tmck

My wife can hardly pull the slide back on her LCP. Is there such a thing as a rubber grip or something to attach to the slide so she can pull it back without her hand slipping off. I am afraid if it jams on the first shot she will end up with a single shot LCP.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

TMCK :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife can hardly pull the slide back on her LCP. Is there such a thing as a rubber grip or something to attach to the slide so she can pull it back without her hand slipping off. I am afraid if it jams on the first shot she will end up with a single shot LCP.

TMCK :D

I haven't seen anything of the like, and given that putting extra weight on the slide is generally a bad idea, since it can alter the slide velocity and cause a malfunction, I'm not surprised that I haven't.

My first thought though, was that if you don't have any faith in the gun, that maybe swapping it off for a little J frame revolver would be the better solution.

Other than that, or if you just want to keep that particular gun, get your wife to run enough of a particular brand/type of ammo through it to be sure it works properly, and practice with it enough to have confidence in being able to use it.

J.

J

Thanks...she also has an Air Weight Smith in her purse with +P's.

I carry an LCP for my everywhere gun. I guess I will keep it for a spare. I really hate to sell a gun during these times.

TMCK

tmck,

Has anyone ever shown her the "proper" way to pull the slide back?

My wife had trouble with nearly all auto's until Mark@Sea showed us BOTH how to do it.

Push away with the hand the gun is in(preferably strong hand)...not pulling with weak hand.....

I hope that makes sense....

Titan14 makes a good point... if she's trying to "slingshot" the slide, she's likely just setting herself up for failure. An overhand grip on the slide generally works best, especially for those without a lot of hand strength.

J.

Thanks jamie....i wasn't sure if i "articulated" THAT correctly...

Hell, I'm not sure I did either, but I at least understood what you meant. :D

J.

• 2 weeks later...

TMCK :stare:

NOPE

Guest 10mm4me

Get some really low grit grip tape,cut it a little less wide than the slide serrations,insert it into the slide serrations.That should solve the grip prob.Also break the gun in really well and it will ease up in time.If you cut it really straight it might not look that bad.I might try it on my glock just for :poop: and :rofl:

If your LCP jams, you may need to polish the feed ramp and chamber. Had to do it to mine to get it to feed reliably while racking the slide. The cartridge cases were hanging on the top of the chamber because of some fairly rough tooling marks. Won't void the warranty if done properly.

I'm sure a long breakin would have accomplished the same thing.