Fairgrounds show this weekend comments

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw my neighbor get home about 4:30. The show is supposed to go till 5pm so since they are one of the vendors and she left early tells me that it was slow. I could be wrong since I didn't go. There will probably be plenty of jerky left for you tomorrow!

Guest mustangdave

Went...the place was FRIGGIN PACKED...as for Obama-Astronama prices...I suppose it depended on what you were looking for...example...I got my wife a Kel-tec P3-AT for christmas...for $288 from my gunshop...depending on the table at the show...same gun was going for $240-260...some as high as $315. We were there from about noonish to 1:30...it was SLOW going folks were packeed in there like sardines...and the line to get in was 20-30 folks long.

I also went. Hard to get any elbow room, and I heard more than a few people muttering about all the damn people. I found a decent deal, but like mustangdave said, it really depends on what you were looking for and who had it. I tried talking to some people with rifles slung or pistols in hand, but their prices were usually really high.

I saw one of the new Chiappa 1911 .22's for 289 and a fellow was selling a lot of older .22 rifles, like an Ithaca lever action, Marlin lever, Winchester lever, colt bolt rifle, etc for 200-300. Not blow out prices, but not the worst in the world either.

Then I saw somebody trying to sell .40 FMJ for $25/box. So, goes either way.

Guest logicprevails

I went today also. Got there just before the mad rush. Sold my Sabre AR and a Glock 22. Glock went to a TGO member (Sam Riley....+1, good guy).

Now this is interesting. There was this older gentleman riding around on his George Costanza scooter. Pretty heavy dude. Anyway, he was about 20 feet or so from me and he blows his front tire on this thing. Sounded like somebody touched one off. Pretty loud. Had a few people concerned, to say the least.

I went as well. As they said it was packed. As always, some guns really high and there were a few good deals to be had. I expect it will be packed tomorrow as well being the first show of the year around here. No jerky, but some rhinestone belts!!!

Guest SouthernSaltine

GREAT DAY! Got a Laserlyte Rear sight laser for my XD @ the Gun Show!

WOW! Today was a GREAT DAY!! Went to the gun show today and took my Grandfather. He took his Glock 19 & I took my Springfiel XD 9mm SC. Well anyways he bought himself a Laserlyte rear sight laser for his Glock. After they guy installed it he looked at me and said "now give him yours" That's right! He bought me one too!! Got them as soon as you walk in to your left. Behind the gun check. Place was Alpha & Omega Gun Works. Delt with John.

Oh and to top off the day, I get home and my CrossBreed Supertuck was in the mailbox!!! Let me tell you, I put the CrossBreed on and WOW! This thing is Amazing! Comfortable as all get out. YESSSS!!!! What a day, What a day!

About the same price as everywhere else, so no big "GUN SHOW" discount, but he did install right then.

As far as the people, we got there around 10am and it was not to bad, but by 12:00 it was PACKED!!! Oh and stay away from the BlackHawk Serpa holsters in the back right hand corner, They were $15 MORE then retail! Oh and I saw the shinny rhinestone belts too. Didn't see but a couple of good Gun Belts?!? LOTS of Knives. No airsoft that I could see.

Here are a few Pics.......

4260519871_3b231ec4a4.jpg

4260519587_162b1acfe5.jpg

4261272622_8365b5ee51.jpg

4261272058_eab6f1053f.jpg

4261272402_44bf789110.jpg

4261273402_66641b861c.jpg

4260518817_a893de6304.jpg

Edited by SouthernSaltine

WOW! Today was a GREAT DAY!! Went to the gun show today and took my Grandfather. He took his Glock 19 & I took my Springfiel XD 9mm SC. Well anyways he bought himself a Laserlyte rear sight laser for his Glock. After they guy installed it he looked at me and said "now give him yours" That's right! He bought me one too!! Got them as soon as you walk in to your left. Behind the gun check. Place was Alpha & Omega Gun Works. Delt with John.

Oh and to top off the day, I get home and my CrossBreed Supertuck was in the mailbox!!! Let me tell you, I put the CrossBreed on and WOW! This thing is Amazing! Comfortable as all get out. YESSSS!!!! What a day, What a day!

About the same price as everywhere else, so no big "GUN SHOW" discount, but he did install right then.

As far as the people, we got there around 10am and it was not to bad, but by 12:00 it was PACKED!!! Oh and stay away from the BlackHawk Serpa holsters in the back right hand corner, They were $15 MORE then retail! Oh and I saw the shinny rhinestone belts too. Didn't see but a couple of good Gun Belts?!? LOTS of Knives. No airsoft that I could see.

Man, those rear sights are huge. The red indicator light on the rear of the laser looks as if it could be very distracting -- especially in low-light conditions.

Guest SouthernSaltine
Man, those rear sights are huge. The red indicator light on the rear of the laser looks as if it could be very distracting -- especially in low-light conditions.

I thought that to, but its not distracting at all. Its kinda weird?!?! I guess because you focus more down range to the actual red dot.?!? If it does become a problem, I can always hit it with a black sharpie. Also the sight is not really that big to me, Looks pretty good on the gun IMO.

What is up with the life savers in with the holster?

He (Mark w/ CrossBreed) gives you a pack with your order. LOL! Little Joke, because the Holster is a real "Life Saver" It (SuperTuck) is one of the Most comfortable IWB holsters you will ever wear.

Guest coldblackwind

I went yesterday, it wasn't a bad show. Lots of people, and I actually found quite a few good deals. Even picked up a glock 30 mag, and a 3 point sling despite being broke. Didn't seem to be much money changing hands though, despite the huge crowd, I saw some of the stuff walking around change hands, but I know I didn't sell anything, and I didn't see the dealers doing any great business.

I went yesterday, and I thought it was better than usual. Seems like a lotta prices are starting to come down. Still some dealers there that are awful proud of their products, judging by some high prices, but overall I enjoyed it. Heck, I like just being around so much gun related stuff! lol.

Edited by barewoolf

The douch bag vender with a carry permit badge is kind of an ass.

I pick up an AR on his table and visually inspect it. He walks over and hear is our conversation.

ME:Is this a chrome lined barrel?

Him:I dont know

Me: do you know the twist?

Him: nope

Me: I see it has has a double star upper,is the complete upper double star?like the barrel and rails?

Him:I dont know,dont really know anything about it as i took it in on a trade

Me: well how much are you looking for it?

Him: eight and a quarter

Me: well im not really looking to spend that much im trying to stay around 750.

Him: Have a nice day..

Me (thinking to my self): Thats too bad cause if we could have meet price wise in the middle i still would have taken it)

my buddy was looking to buy about 1500 rounds of 223, i was wanting some of their 9mm ammo,and my girlfreind was was interested in somthing else. Needless to say our business went elsewhere,and i still went home with an AR.

Useless without picture silly :screwy:

The douch bag vender with a carry permit badge is kind of an ass.

I pick up an AR on his table and visually inspect it. He walks over and hear is our conversation.

ME:Is this a chrome lined barrel?

Him:I dont know

Me: do you know the twist?

Him: nope

Me: I see it has has a double star upper,is the complete upper double star?like the barrel and rails?

Him:I dont know,dont really know anything about it as i took it in on a trade

Me: well how much are you looking for it?

Him: eight and a quarter

Me: well im not really looking to spend that much im trying to stay around 750.

Him: Have a nice day..

Me (thinking to my self): Thats too bad cause if we could have meet price wise in the middle i still would have taken it)

my buddy was looking to buy about 1500 rounds of 223, i was wanting some of their 9mm ammo,and my girlfreind was was interested in somthing else. Needless to say our business went elsewhere,and i still went home with an AR.

Guest coldblackwind
Probably banned cameras after that Bloomberg crap surfaced.

Actually, they've had signs up for a while, well before that business. Not too certain why. Most of them will let you take a picture with your phone if you ask them, I've sent some pictures of stuff other people might want to them.

Did you get that from a dealer, or someone walking around? If it was a dealer, which one? What brand kit is it?
It is a CMMG kit. Came with one 26rd mag, and I bought another for $15 more.

It was the vendor with all of the AR uppers on the vertical display rack. He had several of the kits and what looked to be a case of the magazines.

Mac

It was the vendor with all of the AR uppers on the vertical display rack. He had several of the kits and what looked to be a case of the magazines.

Mac

Does anyone remember what that vendor's name was? I didn't make the show, but I'd like to get in touch with them if that's their regular price on a CMMG kit.

Does anyone remember what that vendor's name was? I didn't make the show, but I'd like to get in touch with them if that's their regular price on a CMMG kit.

It was J&T Distributing. I had dinner with Gary and Wes on Saturday night. They had over 20 kits there, but I don't remeber what they were getting on them. Their website kinda sucks, so if you want me to find out exactly how much they are I can call Gary and find out. Just let me know.

4261272402_44bf789110.jpg

4261273402_66641b861c.jpg

4260518817_a893de6304.jpg

I was there at the show. Bought a new GLOCK 26 for $500. I had the Guide Rod and Spring that supposedly reduce recoil for my GLOCK 30, works normal, just a little tighter but have not shot with it so cannot rate it. Also had it done for the 26. Got home, played with the 26 and can’t pulled the slide back, too tough. Took it back on Sunday, had to pay another $7 to get in. He said that spring is incorrectly installed. He replaced it. It work but you would have to muscle the pull. I played with it all night and it suck. It required too much force, 2 out of 10, I was able to pull it back and unable to use the slide release. Tried his site, no good. Tried calling but no pickup, no way of reaching the seller. I now just want my money back or trade the $50 for something else, maybe a trigger release extension.