Looking for a good carry belt

I am now at over a month from Looper. I emailed them to cancel the order. Gonna go with another vendor. I am ok with waiting sometimes. Not happy with the complete lack of communication though.

Wow?? Really?? :up:

I ordered my belt from Looper and it arrived in two weeks. Of course it was just a regular black belt with the stiffener strip in it...no special order stuff....

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should have my belt from K&D in about 2 weeks. I'll let you guys know how I like it when it arrives. Along with the belt, I'll also be getting a Maverick Defender for my G27 and an Eagle Defender for my EMP. I'm excited! :up:

Have had my K&D belt for two years now. Excellent belt, double thick. Their holsters are just as nice.

I use an old Dickies belt that I got from K-Mart years ago. I have carried a Sig P226 40 cal w/OWB and never had an issue. It surely was much less than $60.

+1 on the dickies belt $12.00. Used for both I/Owb holsters and no problems,,, matter of fact works great:)

The Saddle Shop in Triune, College Grove area makes custom belts for $50. I think his turnaround time is 3-4 days. He mainly builds saddles and tack, but also makes belts and holsters. The belts are 2 ply stitched together, dyed in the color of your choice. The belts I have seen of his are very high quality.

I like Dickies work belts, too - and I prefer the ones that have two rows of holes instead of just one as they seem to stay put better. Checked Wally recently, though, and even the Dickies belts they had were a bit too thin and flimsy for what I wanted (if I can place my thumb on one edge of the belt and my index finger on the other and cause the belt to fold with barely any pressure, I figure it isn't sturdy enough.) Luckily, there is a Dickies outlet at one of the outlet malls in Pigeon Forge (the 'blue' mall.) Went up there a couple of weeks back and they had exactly what I wanted. I seem to recall it costing 11 or 12 bucks. I don't carry IWB. I usually carry my P11 or .38 snubbie in a FOBUS but have carried my Ruger p95 in a belt slide with this belt. If it will support that brick, I figure it will do what I need.

Edited by JAB
How much did that one cost you warbird? 2 Ply? Details. Inquiring minds need to know. Thanks.

$50, which is an excellent price for a hand made belt of quality leather.

Two ply, essentially any good carry belt has two layers of leather, for stiffness and strength. They don't bend in at the edges like thin belts with weight on them. Some belts have a small strip of leather at the top and bottom of the belt and are not true two layer even though they at first glance appear to be so.

OK belts have these two layers glued together. Good belts have these 2 layers stitched together. Best belts are stitched together with excellent quality threads.

Since each of his belts are completely hand made, he will show you examples and you can decide how wide you want the belt. Me, I like an 1 1/2" belt. And you can decide how thick you want the belt. I like a thicker belt. I carry larger guns and like plenty of support.

If you need a good belt it is worth giving him a look see.

He is essentially a one man shop leather worker, who also has a saddle and tack shop and a gun shop and a trailer sales business to run. He doesn't advertise his belts or holsters (which are pretty nice as well and he build those as you like as well) as he stays busier than he really wants to be just from word of mouth. By the way his gun prices are very fair. He doesn't keep a lot in stock, but will order anything you want.

Warbird;

You're right on the button when it comes to a well made gun belt. Two layers, glued & stitched using Bull Hide. $50 is a great price for a well made belt. And the belt makes all the difference, in the world, if you carry all day.

Stay safe,

Warbird;

You're right on the button when it comes to a well made gun belt. Two layers, glued & stitched using Bull Hide. $50 is a great price for a well made belt. And the belt makes all the difference, in the world, if you carry all day.

Stay safe,

Is that website to your own belts? Very nice looking belts ether way.

I love my belts so much that I am wearing them with and without carrying (stupid work, with there stupid policies). I got mine from A&G Custom Gunleather.

A quality belt is a quality belt. Belts seem to be the most often overlooked item to the average carry person. In reality if you have a awesome holster and a crap belt, you have a crap carry system. I don't know how many times someone has shown me their carry rig and talked about how everyone raved about this or that holster and they think it sucks. When I look at their belt, it is some thin $10 piece of crap that was probably worn out when they started using it as a carry belt.

Did they tell you they're backed up and expect a 6 week wait? Great belt, I've had mine for 2 years, just as stiff as when I got it. Just ordered a new one in black, (got brown).

Did they tell you they're backed up and expect a 6 week wait? Great belt, I've had mine for 2 years, just as stiff as when I got it. Just ordered a new one in black, (got brown).

Did not talk to anyone nor find anything on their website stating this. I'll email them and find out. Thanks

Did not talk to anyone nor find anything on their website stating this. I'll email them and find out. Thanks

I originaly ordered from Looper. after 6 weeks and no communication I canceled my order and went with A&G. Still havnt gotten my refund from looper yet either.

Guest dizzielizzie

Just wondering if anyone has a clip style IWB holster and how the clip does around a thick belt... my holster is from Kramer and they offer a lifetime guarantee on the clip - but I have to send it to them if I ever need it replaced (and don't wish to part from it for any given length of time.) I am concerned, with both the (thickness of) the waistband of my jeans & of my belt and it messing up or breaking the clip.

I've never broke down and spent the money for a high dollar gun belt so I can't really comment on how great they are. I buy cheap belts when they start to sag or get a little flimsy in the trash. But this past weekend I picked up a belt at Hammer's in South Pittsburg. It's a Carhartt belt leather on the inside and nylon webbing on the outside 1.5" wide. I carry a DW CBOB in a m-tac and this belt works great. Doesn't look bad either. Best part less than $10.

I've never broke down and spent the money for a high dollar gun belt so I can't really comment on how great they are. I buy cheap belts when they start to sag or get a little flimsy in the trash. But this past weekend I picked up a belt at Hammer's in South Pittsburg. It's a Carhartt belt leather on the inside and nylon webbing on the outside 1.5" wide. I carry a DW CBOB in a m-tac and this belt works great. Doesn't look bad either. Best part less than $10.

That sounds good, man...wonder where around nashville I can find one opf those?I went to Greens Police supply yesterday and looked a several belts but didnt buy one...didnt really see any I like except for the Wilderness belts were really nice...but I want one that style and thickness but with a more easily fastened/unfastened buckle kinda like one i saw online at OrignialSOEgear.com, it was the Cobra Rigger's Belt. But Im thinking that that one may be too wide for my pants...anyone know? Loved the feel of the Wilderness on es and may get one anyway, despite not liking the way they fasten...but in any case I still need one for work, leather one.

Just wondering if anyone has a clip style IWB holster and how the clip does around a thick belt... my holster is from Kramer and they offer a lifetime guarantee on the clip - but I have to send it to them if I ever need it replaced (and don't wish to part from it for any given length of time.) I am concerned, with both the (thickness of) the waistband of my jeans & of my belt and it messing up or breaking the clip.

I'm not sure about the Kramers and how their clips hold up, but I use both a Kholster with steel clips and a K&D with kydex clips and haven't had any problems yet. I can tell you this though.....you should always have a spare holster for your favorite carry gun just in case something happens to it. Even if you have to order another Kramer, it would be worth it in the long run...especially since it's your favorite. As a matter of fact, you should always have a backup carry gun for the same reason! :up: