"Escapee from California"

Guest eeeeeeeazy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Free America, neighbor. I too lived in Temecula for a while, just off Ynez. Before that I lived in IB.

If you havent already missed the food, you soon will. LOL I have a pretty good carne asada recipe if you want it. I am still trying to get macha con heuvo right. LOL

Guest eeeeeeeazy
Baxter?? I'm from Baxter. Left there in 1974 and still have lot of family in the area. You picked a pretty nice place. Land still fairly reasonable. Pretty good air. Not too many Yankees and Undocumented immigrants yet.

All joking aside; it's a good area. It's changed alot since I moved, but still nice to go back. What part did you buy in, if you don't mind saying?

Anyway. Welcome home.

Well, we're off the old Nashville Highway (70N) near Indian Creek Road. One lane road, no neighbors and sitting right on top of a nice ridge. :rolleyes:

Guest eeeeeeeazy
I am sure glad that you got you and your family out of that place. God bless you

for that. Now have you got that handgun carry permit yet? You probably knew that

someone was going to ask,,,,,I hope that you and your wife both have them. Glad

you made it to Tennessee and to this forum. We are all brothers here.

Living in California, wasn't possible to get a carry permit. I did, however, get my wife a great Christmas present a few years ago. Got her a Bible and a 38 Spl 2". Taught her how to shoot so she is comfortable living out in the countryside.

I haven't checked into what is required here but if you have a resource you can point me to I'll be wanting to get that taken care of. Is it fairly easy to get a carry permit here?

Guest strelcevina
I don't speak Spanish, tired of listening to low rider cars, loud exhausts, blaring boom boxes, shaking hands with your neighborhood through the bathroom window of your home, fighting to drive 50 miles at a reasonable speed while fighting 2 million others trying to go to the same place, sending my kid to a high school in a state that ranks 47 out of 50 when it comes to education, looking at gang graffiti on every blank wall, watching a car chase every day on local tv, putting up with people not being able to speak English and finally........damned tired of supporting people with their imprisonment, medical needs, schooling and all the other citizen rights even when these people have no right to be in this country.

Whewwwww, now that I have gotten that off my chest, let me say that this is HEAVEN! Left Southern California and came here to Baxter, TN. Bought a little farm and have been loving every minute of it. No complaints from me about this cold weather. I still sleep with my window open every night! Can't wait till Spring to put up some fencing so I can add some goats and a horse for my daughter.

Thanks Tennessee, thanks for providing a refuge for those of us who finally see the light!:D

how did you move to Baxter, TN if i may ask.

is not like people wake up one morning and decide to move to Baxter Tennessee or humnoke Arkansas or kosciusko Mississippi

Tennessee is a wonderful place. I sure miss it. California? What's the deal with a 10 shot limit on magazine capacity? I will never understand that. Just like New Jersey outlawing hollow point bullets. It don't make sense at all.

Guest eeeeeeeazy
how did you move to Baxter, TN if i may ask.

is not like people wake up one morning and decide to move to Baxter Tennessee or humnoke Arkansas or kosciusko Mississippi

Actually, we were looking at property in Arkansas, Missouri AND Tennessee. We even made couple of trips looking at property last summer. When all was said and done, it came down to buying a place where we had no neighbors (not unsociable, just craving some peace and quiet), top of a ridge to pick up the breeze in summer, some woods and some pasture to raise some livestock, lots of wildlife (and boy do we have it, deer feeding every morning in the field and turkeys strutting back and forth all the time), and FINALLY and most importantly, close enough to a decent town where my sweet wife could avail herself of her favorite drink.....STARBUCKS!!! We're 14 miles from Cookeville yet live in the "boonies" which is EXACTLY what we were looking for. I'm retired but my wife still works so it was a plus to be close to Cookeville for that too.

Guest strelcevina
Actually, we were looking at property in Arkansas, Missouri AND Tennessee. We even made couple of trips looking at property last summer. When all was said and done, it came down to buying a place where we had no neighbors (not unsociable, just craving some peace and quiet), top of a ridge to pick up the breeze in summer, some woods and some pasture to raise some livestock, lots of wildlife (and boy do we have it, deer feeding every morning in the field and turkeys strutting back and forth all the time), and FINALLY and most importantly, close enough to a decent town where my sweet wife could avail herself of her favorite drink.....STARBUCKS!!! We're 14 miles from Cookeville yet live in the "boonies" which is EXACTLY what we were looking for. I'm retired but my wife still works so it was a plus to be close to Cookeville for that too.

that's cool , thanks for response :devil:

i almost did a similar thing 3years ago. i found perfect peace of land just outside Nashville, but still Davidson county.

it was perfect best of both world place. sadly it didnt work out.

so im still on search.